ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recommend me a snow foam

After sunday's outing to shineorama its made me realise I ballsed up my I4D Citrus Snowfoam by over diluting it.

So, I've only used I4D's Citrus before, which wasn't all that TBH. (Probably because I failed hard at using it)

Can someone recommend me a snow foam. Best is probably going to be a PH neutral/balanced forumla.

Thankyooo

Golf GT & A4 Avant
I've tried half a dozen and they're all much alike really. as you so just go for PH nuetral and wax safe. I personally think the pressure washer makes more of a difference to foaming than product

Cheers dave. I was thinking it might be down to the pressure washer as well. Is there anywhere you can buy smaller bottles of it, as I only tend to use it during winter.

I have magifoam atm and it is ridiculous. Literally hangs to the car for 30mins plus and stays on the road for a day afterwards. Foaming ability is awesome but not so sure how wax safe it is.... I went off of the DW reviews and autobritedirect GB.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
It's pretty wax safe and should be well diluted. Magifoam is probably the best on the market at the moment. I have a cherry shampoo that is rather cheap and smells immense, works great from a SF lance tbh as do a lot of shampoos. Look at PB's use of Hyperwash.

I prefer a little thinner product to drag the dirt off the car, most of the case the nozzle on top dictates how thick the foam goes on.

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I've got magifoam as well. It can be bought in 500ml, 1l and 5l bottles... As above it clings really well and sticks around for a day on the ground

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
I've currently got ValetPro pH Neutral Snow Foam.

About half an inch of product in the lance, then topped up with hot/warm water.

Start spraying and adjust the valve on top as i go along.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Steve is a lovely honest chap aswell so I believe that thread. I've got so many differen't snowfoams lying around. Recently used a cotton candy one from a new product line. Was okay no magifoam.

C1 stays kinda clean for so long you don't need to use sf as much.

I only tend to use SF after winter as I do keep on top of the car pretty well. During winter its obviously harder due to the conditions, thats why I'm not fussed about using buying a big tub of it. It'll probably get used 5 times a year MAX.

Urgh, I've really got that itch for detailing again. I blame Rhys most of all.

Hyperwash. Cheapest wax friendly wash and snow foam in terms of dilution ratios.

Don't mix up TFR and snow foams. If you want grime cut, G101/surfexHD/citrus cuts et al.

Surely a snowfoam will remove traffic film aswell? To some level.

Will an out and out TFR be less wax friendly then?

Just trying to clarify the pros and cons of each...

172 cup
Im new to this snow foam stuff, is it a case of spray on then rinse off? Spray on then lambs mitt it then rinse? Snow foam rinse then wash?

Hows it supposed to be used?

Surely a snowfoam will remove traffic film aswell? To some level.

Will an out and out TFR be less wax friendly then?

Just trying to clarify the pros and cons of each...

Not as effectively, hence making sure people are aware. pH neutral snow foams will not strip waxes. TFRs will.

If you want to snow foam, use Meg's Hyperwash. If you want to strip waxes use an APC. If you want to strip waxes and dirt, TFRs.

Not a 320d
I reccomend Citrus snowfoam. Or G101.

I know what youre thinking.

The reason Im suggesting you stick with Citrus is because it has extra bite in it. Learn to dilute it properly. G101 is also an excellent cleaner, dilute that properly and it makes an excellent pre wash, in fact id take G101 over snowfoam.

I dont understand why people use snowfoam anymore, really is a gimmick. Ive said before in other threads that I only use it to clean UPVC on conservatories and caravans now. The only time I use it on my car is say after a machine polish or if I want to strip down an LSP/polish residue, and even then I use G101.

A good sealant, Nano or polymer, or a good wax will provide a suitable repelant base which will enable you to simply jet wash the dirt off and leave a fairly clean finish which the 2BM wash will easily and safely take care of.

G101 hot is also a pretty powerful degreaser I find.

Snowfoam just doesnt cut the bacon. Or the dirt in this case.

Save your money and invest it in a good wax instead. I bet you could get Zymol Carbon for the price of a lance and snowfoam.

The reason Im suggesting you stick with Citrus is because it has extra bite in it. Learn to dilute it properly. G101 is also an excellent cleaner, dilute that properly and it makes an excellent pre wash, in fact id take G101 over snowfoam.

I dont understand why people use snowfoam anymore, really is a gimmick. Ive said before in other threads that I only use it to clean UPVC on conservatories and caravans now. The only time I use it on my car is say after a machine polish or if I want to strip down an LSP/polish residue, and even then I use G101.

A good sealant, Nano or polymer, or a good wax will provide a suitable repelant base which will enable you to simply jet wash the dirt off and leave a fairly clean finish which the 2BM wash will easily and safely take care of.

Save your money and invest it in a good wax instead. I bet you could get Zymol Carbon for the price of a lance and snowfoam.

Wise words for someone oh so young. I have no idea how old you are, but I feel old/older. Good.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member

Great post mate. Snowfoam is a fun gimmick. :eek:

To add to that g101 citrus is for stripping waxes and dirt not as a maintenence product.

Jet wash + 2bm is just as good.

G101/citrus products I only use on paint if i'm re-applying protection or doing a full detail.

I have Carbon you pleb. Maybe it is a gimmick and I should get G101. I just feel that A snowfoam and a pressure wash will get rid of most of the car and I can just leave it at that while the weather is sub zero.

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Urgh, I've really got that itch for detailing again. I blame Rhys most of all.

Me too..... :eek:

Tell me about it!! haha once I've had mine corrected I dare not think what I'll spend on products!!!

You're all just jealous of the silver machine ;)

You can't blame me though, it all started with Luke and Kev for making me realise the potential of a silver car...

Bumder With A Buffer
I gave up on snow foam ages ago, a lot of the stuff thats meant to be PH neutral actually isn't anyway

The products usually are but most people live in a high PH water area, so its never going to be PH balanced.

I use Magifoam and its goooood

Not a 320d
I have Carbon you pleb. Maybe it is a gimmick and I should get G101. I just feel that A snowfoam and a pressure wash will get rid of most of the car and I can just leave it at that while the weather is sub zero.

Im not sure how to take this response as weve never flirted on this forum before.

I didnt know you had Carbon. I just referred to it as a good wax, and used it to offer you some advice.

As I said, G101 is a good pre cleaner if you dilute it very lightly, but a quick jetwash will probably have better effect. If its really bad G101 diluted in a sprayer will be a better bet on the lower pannels. G101 serves a lot of uses for a single product and is one of my favorite products. I wish id of found it sooner.

JD, Im 23.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Everything! It's the only thing I use in the kitchen! :)

Not a 320d
Dilutes so well. Can use it as a degreaser hot, or just an APC for interior or exterior use. So strong too depending on dilution.

Clio 182, Astra Sri
I've just picked up some concours tutti frutti, I worked out that with the recommended dilution ratio, 5ltrs will do well over 800 bottles of snow foam

I found g101 if not diluted properly can stain the paintwork. Especially on softer paints. Works amazingly on arches ,wheels and tyres but had a problem with it on a corsa c when diluted to even 15:1 through a pressure sprayer.