ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Paul and Fox's Snow Foam Concoction

Went up to Shineorama today as they had an open day. Got to try a few products like Swissvax Shield, Dodo Supernatural Hybrid, Prima Banana Gloss, Prima Amigo and some other bits and bobs. Got a demonstration of wet sanding, which surprisingly doesn't look too hard and the end results is a VERY smooth finish. They also let a couple of us use there snow foam and pressure washer to give the cars a clean.

As mine had been sat at birchdown for the past month it needed a good clean, so I jumped at the chance. Couple of photo's with Paul's and Fox's 'PH Balanced' Snow foam concoction.

IMG_0699.jpg

A bit green eh?

They do them every now and then, free Coffee & Tea and a bacon buttie FTW.

Yeah was pretty interesting, learnt quite a few things which is why I wanted to go. Managed to not buy anything which was good too. I was very tempted to buy a lot of things :(

Yeah I enjoyed it too. Better late then never though :eek:

Swissvax Shield is on my list of things now I think.

I still prefer my Zymol if im honest. The conditions weren't ideal to compare the two though, but most things ive tried don't seem to come close to easy of application, smell and gloss. I've been very impressed by it, thats why Me and Ed are going to get Glasur.

Saying that, I would like to try all three waxes again, when it warms up.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I had Shield and Glasur on my car at CSS actually.

Shield is fantastic, you really could leave it on for a day or a week and remove it no problem, fantastic wax but.. Glasur just has that special feel to me, the pot is murder it gasses but the whole experience is worth it. No other wax on the market sheet water like Glasur.

Zymol waxes to have a special feel to them. I really must thank you again for showing me Carbon on DW, I do love that stuff (a little too much!)

Was a really good day. Freezing though :(

Learnt some interesting stuff, and had a lot of questions answered that have been bugging me for a long time.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
other than a god aweful colour, what was the snowfoam like? much in the way of cleaning or softening of dirt? or was most of this done by way of a decent pressure washer

Mine wasn't 'dirty' as such just dusty and had a lot of bird s**t on it (as its been sat on a farm for a month) But its all come off.

Like aucky said, there was a black e90 BMW that you could see the dirty literally dripped off.