ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recomend me some products for my new car

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Hi guys, taking delivery of a brand new Glacier White Clio GT DCi in a few weeks and want to get some protection on it from day 1 and also a good finish!

ive got loads of detailing gear in my garage from over the last few years detailing my cars however ive decided im going to bin the lot and start fresh!

obviously it depends on personal preference and colour so im just looking for some ideas, ive got a PC Polisher so can either apply stuff by hand or rotary.

need a recomendation for...
  • shampoo
  • wash mitt
  • drying towel
  • wax
  • wheel wax
  • wheel cleaner
as the cars my new runaround and winters coming up im looking for something thats going to offer the best protection and duration as far as the wax goes as when the weather gets bad the car can sometimes go weeks without a wash!

Don't get a wookie, far too cumbersome.

This is the drying towel you want; http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/I4D_Uber_Premium_Drying_Towel_1.html or http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/acatalog/Miracle_Dryer.html

FK is not a wax. It's a sealent. Proper protection for long times between washes or best looks? Depends what you want really buddy.

FK is perfectly acceptable on wheels as well, so no need for another product if you buy that. Also as above, if you polish and protect the wheels sufficiently, you will need nothing stronger than warm, soapy water to clean the wheels.

Oh and couple of quick things. What do you have already? Some if not all can be saved, I'm sure!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Oh and if you want to push the boat, G4 for trims. :eek:

Cracking towel reccomendation JD they are very good. I have 2 now. My old Blue one is used for wheels.

Drying wheels is a c-unit with a dryer type tool.

Not a 320d
Ive had 4. Got 2 left and ill be buying two more as ive had them a year. Dads washed 2 with fabric conditioner so they are fucked.

Oh and if you want to push the boat, G4 for trims. :eek:

Cracking towel reccomendation JD they are very good. I have 2 now. My old Blue one is used for wheels.

Drying wheels is a c-unit with a dryer type tool.

C4 boy ;)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I thought C4 was the paint stuff?

Dammit got them the wrong way around!