ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recently got a 172 clio - 15 previous owners - Anyone here owned/abused :)

182 FF
Greetings from a new Fife member

Just joined up after getting a PH1 172. Noticed that this car has had 15 previous owners, anyone know of this car? It's been a proper slut

Bought it in Leven
Y176 HKY

Jim :)

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
15?!!

Alarm bells... whats wrong with the car...why has no one kept it for more than 5 minutes!?

Welcome to the club tho!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I just sold a 54 plate jag that had 11 owners.

f**k all wrong with the car, shame.

182 FF
Haha

Yeah, I almost turned away when reg check brought that up. I got her for £1300, had a Pas leak on return pipe, cracked rear bumper and pass seat airbag deployed/stitched up. The car has been in one or two light dings and most panels have seen paint at somtime. Allround not too bad though looks very fresh

Overheated on way home, found that NS radiator mount was pushed into subframe and cable ties held it in, after seeing that I decided to drop engine out, fixed all the damage, changed dephaser, all belts and pullies, resealed cam carrier, new brakes, handbrake cable.
Just needs a rear shocky and its MOT time, fingers crossed on emissions.

Great to be back with the french, had 2 AX GT's previously, wish they had the same build quality as renault.

Jim

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
You could have bought yourself a good one for £1300.

Thats not a dig btw, its just fact.

182 FF
My budget of 2.2K means 75K + cars only, your allways going to need to spend some mulla on upkeep on a car of that age. In my experience its allways difficult to know your really buying a good one, This car obviously needed some TLC and grease monkey action and that suited me fine

This car was bought with track use in mind, wouldnt want to ***potentially*** damage a fine example of the breed ;)

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
this sounds familiar. Does it have some aftermarket 15" wheels on it? if it does im sure i viewed this when it was forsale in kinglassie! needless to say i didnt buy it lol

182 FF
yup, got 5 spokes on fresh tyres, car was for sale at Mercury motors leven, but sold strictly as seen with no comeback. Got to love it!

When did you view? Previous owner on V5 form wasnt from there

I am of the opinion that the car was leaking PAS fluid and needing radiator fixed for a while, probably went through the hands of several peeps in recent months, but none who were willing to spend to put right so just sold. No one even thought to replace leads and plugs to sort intermittant missfire.

Stu.

ClioSport Club Member
  lots of clios.
yup, got 5 spokes on fresh tyres, car was for sale at Mercury motors leven, but sold strictly as seen with no comeback. Got to love it!

When did you view? Previous owner on V5 form wasnt from there

I am of the opinion that the car was leaking PAS fluid and needing radiator fixed for a while, probably went through the hands of several peeps in recent months, but none who were willing to spend to put right so just sold. No one even thought to replace leads and plugs to sort intermittant missfire.

woulda been about september last year i went to view! guy was hammering it from the off on the test drive. And there was a 2" deep puddle in the spare wheel well! few bits in the engine bay looked wonky and bodged. wasnt to sure about the jacking points either tbh! and needed pads and discs. was a guy from kinglassie that had it then. it was up for 1500 at the time though! Good on you for getting it sorted though :approve:

182 FF
yeah, jacking points are flat, its been beached on summit, few undertray plugs missing, engine bay full of cable ties. All simple stuff to fix, but slightly annoying. Need to make a trip to the scrappies for inner arches amd a few other bits and bobs

The brakes were TOTALLY shagged, cant believe the next owner in the line didnt replace them, evil amounts of corrossion, my old 106 diesel had more braking force.