ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reccommend a Graphics card please

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
My current graphics card doesn't seem to want to play ball with windows 7 and Dual Monitor, it's an ATI Saphire x1650. I'm guessing i'm gonna need a new graphics card compatible with windows 7 to sort the problem?

It need to have a HDMI output, DVI and the normal monitor one, forgot what it's called. Been ages since I built my PC so can't remember all the terms.

Only wanna spend about £60, any ideas? I know it's not gonna be ought special.

I'm thinking this; http://www.pcworld.co.uk/martprd/store/pcw_page.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@0418302994.1263487306@@@@&BV_EngineID=ccgfadejggiejfgcflgceggdhhmdgmh.0&page=Product&sku=135753

J-J

ClioSport Club Member
Nothing special, mostly CAD, internet and word processing, occasionally online TV etc

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Hi, I'm using windows 7 with an older ATi graphics card (an x1950 Pro) - because the cards are quite old they need legacy drivers - this is what you need:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista32.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.10〈=English
^ That page takes you to the legacy driver download page, download the full CCC + Driver package.

That's the link if you're using 32bit Windows 7, if you're using 64bit then use this link:
http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/windows/Legacy/Pages/radeonaiw_vista64.aspx?type=2.4.1&product=2.4.1.3.13〈=English

Evo 8 MR
Are you serious? a GT220?

Rather put £60 petrol in my tank and burn it that way :) That's effectively what you are doing if you buy that card from PC World of all places.

Cam'd Arctic FF 182
Oh damn, just realised where your link points to - please whatever you do don't buy it / any internal PC hardware from PC world!

If you do end up needing a new graphics card either myself or someone else on here can recommend you something much better for your money :)

Evo 8 MR
There's always ebay aswell, I once bought a 7900GTX for £80 a while back when the 8800GTX had just come out, it was awesome and it was BFG so it had that awesome lifetime warranty.

Sold it and made money on it too.

megane 225
try and look for an ATI 4850 or a 5770, they should be around this price. You can always add another one in crossfire at a later date if you like. If you are more an nvidia fan look for a 9800gt or 8800gt/s/x

Mondeo diesel barge
You don't need anything too powerful to run what you need, although that depends on what kind of CAD, is it 2D or 3D? The former requiring minimal graphics power, whereas for 3D it may need a little more. For around £60 I'd suggest going for the cards s88urd has suggested, they're great cards for the money. I've currently got a 4850 in one of my PC's and it still manages to run most games on high setting's (1920*1200 monitor). If you do buy a graphics card, don't go near PC world, try somewhere like novatech, scan or overclockers. Best places for your money.

Again if you can find the drivers to work with windows 7 then just keep your current card, should be enough for your needs.