ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Need A New PC!

Punto/Clio GTT
Hey all, i need a decent spec gaming PC upto around £500, ideally id like to pay less.

I came accross this, i know the graphics card is s**t, but could i use my 5770 in there? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/GAMING-PC..._DefaultDomain_3&hash=item20f5635690#viTabs_0

anything else thats bad with that build?

only thing im bothered about is being able to play gta5. i dont need anything other than a tower.

my current spec is intel c2d e6600, 2gb ram, 5770 gfx

cheers all

2014 Focus Titanium
Can you use your old case, dvd rom, HDD and PSU? If so that will help save some cash. For £500 you could get the following:

I5 4690k £165
Decent motherboard £100
8GB RAM £60
R285 £140

£465, Done!

If you can squeeze a little more budget out you could wang a 256GB SSD in there for another £70.

Punto/Clio GTT
im giving this pc to my step son so i cant use nada off it.

ive just priced a build on novatech

IGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P AMD 970 (Socket AM3+) Motherboard

AMD Piledriver Eight Core FX 6300 3.5GHz

8GB (2x 4GB) DDR3 1600Mhz Dimm

Novatech Radeon R7 260X 2GB GDDR5

2TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive

Novatech 500Watt PSU

2x DVD Writer

£500, built, delivered

that a good spec? ive only ever used intel chips so dunno how good the 8 core piledrivers are?

2014 Focus Titanium

Novatech 500Watt PSU

2x DVD Writer

£500, built, delivered

that a good spec? ive only ever used intel chips so dunno how good the 8 core piledrivers are?
It's not spectacular, but it will at least get you gaming with a little room for future improvement. It's a shame you can't squeeze an i5 (k) CPU into your budget as then your future upgrades will be much better (e.g. if in 6 months or a year you can afford a better GPU, the i5 will get the best from it).

Cayman S Edition 1

Novatech 500Watt PSU

2x DVD Writer

£500, built, delivered

Not brilliant mate. You're better off going with Keydogg's spec if you can stretch to it.

Punto/Clio GTT
so amd are still s**t basically? ill have another look on novatech n overclockers tomorrow and see if i can get an i5

Punto/Clio GTT
hows this one

Processor: INTEL Quad Core I5 4460

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

Harddrive: 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive

Harddrive: 120GB Solid State Drive

Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB DDR5

Case: Novatech ATX Gaming Case

Optical Drives: 22x DVD Writer

Power Supply: Novatech PowerStation 500W PSU (Non Modular)

Motherboard: Intel H81 Chipset

Keyboard & Mouse: Novatech Wired USB Mouse

Keyboard & Mouse: Novatech Wired USB Keyboard

£564.98

Punto/Clio GTT
or add
Intel 4th Gen Quad Core I5 4690K 3.5GHz - (View Spec)
Add £55.63 inc vat

isit worth the extra 55 quid for .3ghz

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Why do people still recommend Intel when people ask for a PC on a budget? There's nothing wrong with AMD processors nowadays apart from they tend to run hotter than Intel ones, but that's only really an issue for laptops IMO.

I'd be looking at an AMD setup personally if I was on a budget. Built my PC for £700 a couple years back now and never had an issue with it.

Punto/Clio GTT
well the amd piledriver one is 500 quid, the intel one with the i5 is 564 or 630 with the upgrades like cooler, higher ghz processor and diff case

ive never had an amd so i dunno how they are, always had intel

sburrell93

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
I've never had any problems with AMD stuff, but I do know their older stuff was a bit s**t lol. There must be a reason as to why everyone still seems to go for Intel, I just can't see what it is.

That's less of a price difference than I thought it would be though. Out of the processors mentioned, the i5-4690K is the best one. That AMD one isn't particularly high spec, I think something like an FX-8320 would be closer to the i5 in terms of performance.

2014 Focus Titanium
Not overclockable, slow RAM and no graphics card. While that'd be a great office system for gaming it's pretty pish for £500.
Why do people still recommend Intel when people ask for a PC on a budget? There's nothing wrong with AMD processors nowadays apart from they tend to run hotter than Intel ones, but that's only really an issue for laptops IMO.

I'd be looking at an AMD setup personally if I was on a budget. Built my PC for £700 a couple years back now and never had an issue with it.

You do have a point that there is nothing wrong with AMD per-se, I always used to be an AMD fanboy back in the day. Unfortunately there's no getting away from the fact that AMD have fallen behind when it comes to sheer computing power, a quad AMD running at say 4.5ghz vs an i5 at the same speed (both in the same system) wouldn't keep up. That's why a) everyone goes for Intel for gaming and, b) Intel haven't really advanced their i-series much in 3-4 years (apart from minor chipset upgrades etc), because AMD haven't caught up so they haven't needed to push forward in this market.
I've never had any problems with AMD stuff, but I do know their older stuff was a bit s**t lol. There must be a reason as to why everyone still seems to go for Intel, I just can't see what it is.

That's less of a price difference than I thought it would be though. Out of the processors mentioned, the i5-4690K is the best one. That AMD one isn't particularly high spec, I think something like an FX-8320 would be closer to the i5 in terms of performance.
Their older stuff was the best! I loved my old AMD Athlon Thoroughbred 1.4ghz :smiley:

Punto/Clio GTT
k i threw a build together, leme know if everything is good

Processor: Intel 4th Gen Quad Core I5 4690K 3.5GHz

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory

Harddrive: 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive

Harddrive: 120GB Solid State Drive

Graphics: UNSURE

Case: Novatech ATX Gaming Case

Optical Drives: 22x DVD Writer

Power Supply: Novatech PowerStation 500W PSU (Non Modular)

Motherboard: Intel H81 Chipset

Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler

Keyboard & Mouse: Novatech Wired USB Mouse

Keyboard & Mouse: Novatech Wired USB Keyboard

ALSO, which of these graphics cards would be the best? theyre all in the extra £20 range, so whichever ones best ill add

nVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB DDR5
[Included in price]
MSI Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £2.88 inc vat
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 SC 1GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £7.08 inc vat
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 OC Low Profile 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £9.82 inc vat
ASUS GeForce GTX 750 OC 1GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £11.62 inc vat
ASUS Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £19.84 inc vat
MSI GeForce GTX 750 Ti OC 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £20.28 inc vat

2014 Focus Titanium
k i threw a build together, leme know if everything is good

Processor: Intel 4th Gen Quad Core I5 4690K 3.5GHz < Great choice!

Memory: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Memory < Try to get at least 1866mhz or 2133mhz as usually you can grab them for less than £10 more

Harddrive: 1TB 3.5" 7200rpm SATA Hard Drive < Fine

Harddrive: 120GB Solid State Drive < Good for OS and maybe one game plus a few apps

Graphics: UNSURE

Case: Novatech ATX Gaming Case < Fine

Optical Drives: 22x DVD Writer < Fine

Power Supply: Novatech PowerStation 500W PSU (Non Modular) < Fine

Motherboard: Intel H81 Chipset < Problem, you need a Z87 / Z97 iirc to be able to overclock your CPU.

Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev 2 CPU Cooler < Fine

Keyboard & Mouse: Novatech Wired USB Mouse < Fine, you can upgrade this to a better one in the future if you want something a bit better

Keyboard & Mouse: Novatech Wired USB Keyboard < Fine

ALSO, which of these graphics cards would be the best? theyre all in the extra £20 range, so whichever ones best ill add

nVidia GeForce GTX 750 1GB DDR5
[Included in price]
MSI Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec) < I think I'd go with this one as the r260x is a touch quicker and you really do want 2GB RAM too
Add £2.88 inc vat
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 SC 1GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £7.08 inc vat
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 750 OC Low Profile 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £9.82 inc vat
ASUS GeForce GTX 750 OC 1GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £11.62 inc vat
ASUS Radeon R7 260X OC 2GB GDDR5 - (View Spec)
Add £19.84 inc vat
Add £20.28 inc vat
See above :)

SharkyUK

ClioSport Club Member

Add £20.28 inc vat
My personal choice would be that one. The Ti and Overclock give it a slight performance edge and you need 2GB minimum these days really. The 1GB cards don't really cut it.