ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Reccomend me for a Petrol Blue 182 - Unhappy with A-G now =/

Petrol Blue 182
As above guys, i only got the car Saturday and spent all day Sunday detailing her with the following A-G products:

Clay bar kit
Super resin polish
Ultra deep shine
and then HD wax

Now i've always used the above products on all of my cars, but now i just feel it doesn't cut the mustard anymore and it doesn't get the car as 'clean' as i like it.

Can anybody reccomend me for the above colour what would be best to use at all?

Thanks in advance ;)

Fiesta ST-3
AG is pretty good stuff. Ultra Gloss protection? I haven't tried the HD wax myself. I used Super resin with a Dodo Juice Wax.

Petrol Blue 182
Didn't use Ultra Gloss on this occasion but usually do. Tbf the wax is quite decent stuff for durability etc just doesn't give off the greatest shine IMO :)

Petrol Blue 182
No didn't use tar remover, just used the clay bar for that i've heard bad things about it not being so good for the paint, but i'll stand corrected if im wrong.

LY Megane R26
Big fan of the Werkstatt range.

Give it a go. Not cheap, but awesome stuff.

Polished Bliss my chosen supplier.

Might the problem you didn't get a good finish then.

You ideally want the paintwork as clean as possible before claying followed up by a decent polish.

Have a look at the sticky on here explains things pretty well.

Fiesta ST-3
Tbh threads like this are pointless. How long is a piece of string. You're just going to get a load of people recommending a load of different products when AG is good enough.

First things first. Whats the condition of the paintwork? Is it smooth, deep in colour and glossy. Or tacky, misty and dull?

Golf GT & A4 Avant
use tardis tar remover and iron X to remove iron filing and embedded brake dust. Can't see it doing much harm unless you let it dry on.

I always used SRP with HD wax and always got a nice durable finish. for the money it's not a bad combo, but the werkstatt kit is always getting praised.

before any recommendations, what do you want from your finish, gloss, depth, flake pop, durability etc. and whats your budget

TBH the colour doesn't play a huge role in what to use, more what condition it is in and what you want from it

Petrol Blue 182
Wigan-20120117-00040.jpg

Here's a quick picture from off my mobile earlier on today

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I'd love to get a hold of a PB and get some werkstat on it.

Flake pop would be on another level.