ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recaro seat info all here

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

There seem to be a lot of people asking about the Recaro seats so I thought Id post this to save replying everytime.

- Seating position is approx 10mm lower than standard.

As an option when buying a 182

- The Trophy comes with the Recaros as standard.
- They are a £550 option on the regular 182.
- They are an £850 option on the 182 Cup.

In each case, the rear bench is downgraded to Dynamique spec - ie no change in the Cup, and loss of leather and headrests in the regular 182.

It is not possible to retain the leather rear bench when specifying Recaros as an option.

Aftermarket

Renault will not sell you the seats or fit them. You will need to obtain them from Recaro direct or a retailer such as Demon Tweeks or http://www.xfactormotorsport.co.uk/X-Factor.

http://www.recaro-seats.co.uk/order.asp?Page=/sports.asp&section=1&subsection=1&Price=0&Start=1&Keyword=&SearchDescription=&ListMake=&ListModel=&product=65The exact model is here

Choose the second to last option - "JERSEY BLACK SILVER/DINAMICA SUEDE BLACK"

- Retail is £555 per seat.

- You will also need subframes and slide mechanisms at approx £60 per side (£120 total).

Remember if your car has side airbags youll need to sort out the warning light or itll fail the MOT.

Ive not fitted a pair, but similar aftermarket seats into other cars takes a couple of hours or so, nothing more than a couple of spanners / socket set required.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

If people wanted to do this im sure we could sort a group buy.

VaVa

As I understand it y0z has some contacts for seats etc..... Dependent on numbers, a good discount should be obtainable.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220

Hmm, wish I had ordered them with my car now! Seems like a lot of hassle to get them fitted after.

182 Trophy

Hi

I am going to order a 182 over the next couple of months and am very tempted with the recaros. On average has anybody got any idea how much longer I would have to wait for the car with this option?? + and good or bad points with the seats.

Thank you for any help

Chris

MKIII 138

im sorry but thats a complete rip off !!

so you have a full spec 182 with leather in the rear that you have paid for and they just rip it out ? and replace with shoddy rear bench like the 182cup. so you cant have front and rear matching leather seats with headrests. i care about my passengers and head restraints are there for a reason.

theres no way id downgrade like that. aftermarket recaros and pretend to ins company they were factory fitted option if they ever ask.

ICE'dberg MK2 172

Is the light "sortable" though?? dont want a light on all the time and wouldnt it disable the steering wheel bag too if it was on???

Red Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus RS

Dont seem to be able to edit my post, but I made some enquiries yesterday and the subframes are £114 per side(!), so £228 a pair.

Pretty steep but they are TUV approved and being Recaro, obviously very high quality.

An orange one

i am mates with my dealers parts manager (benfields)..and he has assured me he can get me recaros retro fitted..just needs to quote a trophy chassis number and say they were damaged or vandalised..even nicked..any excuse will do!

its not what you know..its who you know with renault dealers