ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Recall!!!!

Skoda Fabia vRS
Took mine in for a 'free' bonnet catch and ended up leaving with a bill for 450 quid!!

They did a 25 point check or something and found every expensive thing they could that needed replacing :S. Didnt really have much choice other than to have it done.

So watch out when you take yours in.

lol, if it didnt need doing, or you were not happy with the price then why did you have it done ?

BMW E30 325iiiiii
Just had a phonecall from my mum saying Ive received a letter at her house recorded delivery about my car.

Got her to open it and Renault are recalling my car asking for me to take it to a garage to get the bonnet mechanism looked at.

Apparently they tried to contact me last year (I dont think they did) and that there has been a problem with Mk2's and the Bonnet opening whilst the vehicle is moving.

Has anyone else had one of these letters?

Im glad its not already happened to me I would poop myself, more inconvenience than anything as there isnt a garage in York for me to take it to - ball ache.

I got one for my 1.2 extreme literally 2 days after i traded it in for my 182
so i'll just wait for the letter to come again for the 182 lol, in the mean time ratchet strap the fooker down ;)

172 cup
I got one for my 1.2 extreme literally 2 days after i traded it in for my 182
so i'll just wait for the letter to come again for the 182 lol, in the mean time ratchet strap the fooker down ;)

You wont get one for your 182 - its just for 1.2's iirc

Black 182
You wont get one for your 182 - its just for 1.2's iirc

I got one last month for my 182!!!

Rung the nearest Renault dealer and they can't fit me in till 15th May, fully booked for the next 3 months, I don't think so.

Took mine in for a 'free' bonnet catch and ended up leaving with a bill for 450 quid!!

They did a 25 point check or something and found every expensive thing they could that needed replacing :S. Didnt really have much choice other than to have it done.

So watch out when you take yours in.

its wasnt the top mounts per chance? they tried to play me for that. they said during the 25 point check they had found the top mounts were shagged and had started to strip them down to replace them but realised i had different suspension on, so had to stop.

damn right you had to stop! funking idiots! when i enquired as to how much it would cost if they had continued, they said 150 labour + 30 quid parts, PER SIDE!!

f**k off, ast adjustable top mounts and mate off here fitting them for detail swapsies ftw!!

Albi Blue RS 200
Recall still out standing on mine, the top catch looks shagged as it's rusty as hell so i've booked it in for tommorow.

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Mines in tomorrow, previous owner from new couldn't be bothered taking it back it seems!

Looks in decent condition though to be fair.

f**k letting them touch it for anything else though!

Evo 6, E92 320d
Had mine done couple weeks ago, nice shiny new one, on the check they weren't too bad only highlighted a couple things which i knew where due.