ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear too low, will new shocks help

Suzuki SV650

K, Ive jus lowered the rear of my car by 35mm, (roughly), but the drivers side rear tyre scrapes like a tw*t on the top of the arch. Will new shocks help, or could I have lowered it too much? The passenger side is fine, but the drivers rubs like a c**t!!!!!

Maybe I should get some lower profile tyres but I dont think 5mm will do much by the sounds of the scraping coming from the tyre!!!

Bigger arches would be too much to get done, so help!!

Cheers.

Williams 2, STi N12

Sounds like you havent done it on both sides equally. Get a tape out and measure each side to see if they are the same from a flat floor.

If not then just adjust accordingly.

Try fix the problem rather than change it.

Like anders says, check ride heights on both sides and compare.

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Shock absorbers DO NOT alter the ride height of any car in standard format.

If the torsion bars have been incorrectly set then there will be a difference in ride height. Check the heights on both sides as already stated by BenR and Anders

Bob RTE

Suzuki SV650

Eek, I might have lowered it too far, but one click will be 35 mm and another would be 70mm right? Measuring the ground to centre hub of my rear brake drum things and its no way more than 40mm!

Going to have another play tomorrow, if all else fails Ill just raise it back to its normal height.

Cheers.

Clicks dont go to like 35mm, 75mm etc...

My wheel is just under the arch.. you can see it at the midlands meet.. I think we just aimed for where we wanted it and tried to get the bar in at that point.. seemed to work!

Daz.

Suzuki SV650

Ive just had another go with it and Im fed up with the bloody thing. I lowered the centre hub about 2cm more to the ground so it should be higher now, preventing the undriveable effect I had yesterday. But no, going left up the sharp corner into uni and its a terrible rubbing noise, even over speed bumps it scratches. Its the inside lip of the top of the arch that is rubbing I think, although the fuel pipe might have to be moved a bit I think its the lip that is causing the prob. Can I do a bit of griding (and what would I need to do this?) and get rid of some of the lip?

Firmer shocks might help with speed bumps but I need to be able to sort this before I get shocks, any suggestions with the imbalance of the car except for raising it to its orig height again?

Daz so its possible to just lower it like 10mm or something aye? The clicks thing is a bit of a fairy tale then?

Cheers, Steve.