ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear shock gone = Konis?

RS200 Cup
Hello all, I just drove my car for the first time in nearly a week and it turns out my rear right shock is bummed so I need some advice on what to replace it with. The car is on standard shocks and Proline springs.

I was thinking of Konis, but is it possible/worth doing to get just the rears? All 4 is a bit pricey - I'm not a cheapskate, I'm just wondering as I have plenty of other things that need fixing and I wanted to save up for an Elise :rasp:. I had the rear left replaced for MOT back in December, I've done about 5k in it since then, so both sides would be on fairly new shocks if I went down the standard path.

My driving consists mostly of fast road and I'd like to get it on a track eventually.

fil_b

ClioSport Club Member
  172 FF and Fabia VRS
i would get full set of koni with your spring

they are great for the clio ;)

RSC 182 Cup
Just do the rears only. I ran Spax adjustables on the front of my old 306S16 with the rears stock; and stock fronts with rear Konis on my old MondeoST24.

It will have an effect on the handling (similar to when you change tyre brands) but won't be the least bit dangerous.