ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear seatbelt pre-tensioner

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
The rear left seatbelt is ripped, so looking to replace it, however when i took the plastic panel off, I've noticed that it has a pre-tensioner built into it, is it possible to fit a none pre-tensioned one or does it not fit in the hole? have also been told that if I disconnet the pre tension one the airbag light will stay on is there anyway round this as I'm not bothered if it doesn't have the pretensioner on it, as pre-tensioned seatbelts seem to cost a small fortune!
Finally is it possible to take the pretension unit off and fit it onto a unit that doesn't have it on?

MERCEDES CLS AMG
You can fit a standard belt - you will need to bridge the loom connector with a 3ohm resistor - this will fool the sytsem into thinking a pretensioner is fitted enabling your airbag / pretensioners to still work in the event of an accident. The airbag light will go off as well

2002 Clio 1.6 16v
Great stuff just what I wanted to hear, cheers for that Matt!

Does it have to be 3ohm just I've found a pack of 10 3.3 ohm on ebay for 40p