ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Quarter

BMW 535d
this morning the car stepped out at about 20mph (no idea why) and knocked into a steel barrier :( The alloy took most of the force but the rear quarter has some deep creases in it and the rear window shattered. I was wondering if you know if the rear quarter could be repaired/replaced. No-one else was involved just me. Just don't fancy going through insurance. PLEASE HELP GUYS
Jake

Arctic Blue FF 182
As above, take to a bodyshop. To have the rear quarter replaced isn't a cheap job by the time it's removed, a new one welded in, and then all the prep and paint work.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
lost it on diesel spill?

get it repaired at a GOOD bodyshop, not one that just fills the crap out of it with bondo filler.

rear glass, get one from the scrappy if your lucky, carefull not to break it as you take them out

BMW 535d
cheers guys going to see a mate that owns the bodycentre in nowich tomorrow. could have been diesel but about 200 yards before they have been coing major roadworks so could have been some s**te from there i guess.

Clio Dynamique+ 1.4
That's unlucky, as already said get some photos up. best case scenario it's a pull out job, worst case its a near rear quarter. I wouldn't bother with insurance though, certain companies expect you to report it within a set amount of time (see your insurance T&C), anything after they'll refuse to pay out. And even if they don't pay out, the assholes will still keep it on file to try an get more money out of you.