ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear light stoped working, not the bulb help!!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Hi, I have a Ph2 mk1 (98-01) 1.4 16v Alize and the rear light on the passenger side has stopped working, I swapped the bulbs over with a spare and it didn't work and then I used the one that was originally in the holder in the other side and it worked fine.

I have 2 hunches, either a fuse or I need a new holder. Does anyone have any idea's? I do not have a clue where the fuse for the rear light would be or how much a new holder would be from the stealers? Anyone know?

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: Cheers did give it a go but nothing. I know its going to be the most expensive option. I finally finished with the car today and fitted a Scenic splitter!

not sure if this is do-able, but you could look at removing the other lamp cluster to plug it into the connector on the faulty side: that way you'll know if it's the cluster or the wiring/connector

www.renparts.co.uk
Probably a furred up connector on the lamp holder to the cars loom but it doesn't usually cause complete failure.

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Will have a better look tomorrow after work, but have to admit it couldn't happen at a worse time!

FTO GPX 2.0 V6
Probably a furred up connector on the lamp holder to the cars loom but it doesn't usually cause complete failure.

Josh, you were right! It was a furred up connector on the loom side and the connector pins on the bulb holder side. Got it cleaned up a bit and then it worked. Cheers for your help guys!