ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear hub nuts

cup 182
Ok so purchased rear pads and disks for the 182
Contacted renault to ask about hub nuts as eurocarparts never had any and have been told you do not need to replace or touch these when changing rear pads and disks
Advice thanks?

M2 Comp
Hub but needs needs removing to get the rear disc off. You'll need a 30mm socket.

Last edited:

Hoofy

ClioSport Club Member
  Chase Racing Clio
You do have to remove the Centre hub nut at the rear to change your discs. Caliper off, then hubnut off.

To be honest you can just re-use it, i've never had any problems. Make sure you torque it back upto 175nm though.

If you want to buy new go to rpd - https://www.renaultpartsdirect.co.u...s-2/brake-discs-drums-hub-nuts-set-of-2-rear/

Don't remove the caliper before trying to undo the hubnut, you'll never get it off! Get a big bar on it whilst the car is on the ground, or your assistant has their foot on the brake pedal....170 Nm it should be done up to, so it'll be toiiiight. I wouldn't say it's essential to replace them at all, if you're unsure, then put a little bit of threadlock on when re-fitting and obviously discard it if it looks damaged / fatigued.

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
Don't remove the caliper before trying to undo the hubnut, you'll never get it off! Get a big bar on it whilst the car is on the ground, or your assistant has their foot on the brake pedal....170 Nm it should be done up to, so it'll be toiiiight. I wouldn't say it's essential to replace them at all, if you're unsure, then put a little bit of threadlock on when re-fitting and obviously discard it if it looks damaged / fatigued.

That's the front hub you're thinking of.

The rear hub nut can be undone at any time as it doesn't turn the hub.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I must just be hench then

cup 182
Well ended up with brembo hc front disks with brembo pads and pagid rear disks with brembo pads and dot 200 fluid as eurocarparts was giving a 35% discount
Will just use same hub nuts but make sure there 175nm
Apparently the brembo pads and disks are no better than standard according to the guy but hey ho
Cheers guys

1.5 DCI, MONDEO ST
Hi all
Im back!!
After a while without a Clio (mk2) and a spell with a Citroen 1.4 Petrol C3 ( i know not an ideal car to have but hey proved to be very reliable indeed) i have now purchased a 11 plate Clio dci (wifes car).

I am going to replace the rear brakes and i have ordered the relevant hub nuts but they have not arrived as yet.....has anyone just reused the old nuts as the car will be used for short town work?
I will fit the new ones when i get them but just a tad concerned.

thanks in advance for any help or advice👍

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Hi all
Im back!!
After a while without a Clio (mk2) and a spell with a Citroen 1.4 Petrol C3 ( i know not an ideal car to have but hey proved to be very reliable indeed) i have now purchased a 11 plate Clio dci (wifes car).

I am going to replace the rear brakes and i have ordered the relevant hub nuts but they have not arrived as yet.....has anyone just reused the old nuts as the car will be used for short town work?
I will fit the new ones when i get them but just a tad concerned.

thanks in advance for any help or advice👍

I've reused them and the car has seen plenty of track action. I wouldn't worry if torqued up okay. You can always check it again after a few trips.