ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear fog light when braking

Clio 1.4 16v Dynamique
when i brake my rear fog light..light on the dash has started to show at the same time??

is this some sort of short of 2 wires? i wouldnt know were to start looking...

cheers..

was the main wirein plug goin to the cluster on mine(had worked loose) i just replugged it bk in.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
Its because the connection earths through the foglight.

Check the terminals (there should normally be some form of corrosion on them) then remove it with nail file, dremel, etc. all should be fine.

Its the crap design of the light clusters that allows water in there. Some people reckon to use wd-40...but I haven't, I just use the demel on the plug and also the connection. That should sort it out.

You will notice it more if you turn braking whilst your indicator is on, the fog light will really blink depending on how corroded the connections are.

MK2 PH1 1.2
mine does this too... but only the dash light. the fog light itsself doesnt come on or flas when the indicators are on. Also, that only happens when i indicate right.

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed
mine does this too... but only the dash light. the fog light itsself doesnt come on or flas when the indicators are on. Also, that only happens when i indicate right.

Check the connections to the rear light on the right hand side. Then what I've said in the post above should suffice.

MK2 PH1 1.2

Check the connections to the rear light on the right hand side. Then what I've said in the post above should suffice.

i checked the connections and they looked fine to me... would u suggest just spraying a little wd40 in the connections?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
mine did this too,
i just wiggle the coonection,
and it stops for about 3months,
mine did the dash fog light,
and indicator right,
and the lil trip clock dimmed asif you'd turned the side lights on

err..
and if you opened the door with the hazards on, it wud beep asif youd left your lights on,
and if you indicated right with the brake on, the two lights wud flash
(brake light inbetween flashes of the indicator)
rather annoying