ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rear exhaust mount on a renault clio mk2 phase 1

renault clio
i was trying to remove the rear exhaust mount on my mk2 ph1 but the bolt keeps turning i think the nut on the inside of the chassis leg was spot welded on but the weld has broke and i can see no way of getting at the nut anyone any advice of how to cure this problem?

PH1 172
i was trying to remove the rear exhaust mount on my mk2 ph1 but the bolt keeps turning i think the nut on the inside of the chassis leg was spot welded on but the weld has broke and i can see no way of getting at the nut anyone any advice of how to cure this problem?

When I changed my rear exhaust mount there was no nuts, the bolts just screwed in. If it's just spinning then it may be rust on the other end of the bolt stopping it from comming through. Trying soaking it in wd-40 and then work the bolt in and out.

renault clio
when i put my finger through a wee hole in the chassis leg i can feel something like a nut turning it may not be but are u sure there are no nuts?

renault clio
but the way the chassis leg is ya cant get a nut up in to the top of it. it looks like the nut has been spot welded on before the chassis leg was welded together

PH1 172
but the way the chassis leg is ya cant get a nut up in to the top of it. it looks like the nut has been spot welded on before the chassis leg was welded together

I am 99% sure mine didn't have nuts, there were just 3 rusted bolts.....one broke and I replaced it with a nut and bolt with no problems.

Try and take a pic of the said problem and we may be able to help :)