ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear disc not holding

RS172
Afternoon CS,

I've replaced the discs and pads on the rear of the 172 but the rear os is not holding in handbrake?

Cable has been tightened, the only thing I haven't done is bleed and replace fluid yet.

Cable or caliper do you think?

Seized caliper.

Did you use genuine discs or G172's equivilant? Did you re fit the spacer behind the disc and did you strictly torque the hub nut to 175nm;) ???

If no to any of tbe above you will run into more problems pretty soon:(

RS172
Used gen discs and yeah had the spacer washer behind! It's not torqued to the correct setting so I can sort this.
Looks like a caliper replacement too then!

Yeh get it torqued correctly and will be fine.

You are not having much luck of late are you.

Take the pads out and check the whole caliper moves freely towards you and back. Then make sure the caliper piston is not seized by compressing it but remember that the piston needs winding back whist applying a tiny bit of pressure.

RS172
Haha I've brought a bit of a dog to be honest! Costing me a fortune haha! I'll check it out over the weekend buddy! Getting a price from renault Wolverhampton just in case :)