ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear calipers? Windback needed?

FF RB 182
Do I need a wind back tool for the rear calipers?

Asked 2 friends tonight who were mechanics but not 100% sure if they are or not.

Need to fit rear pads going to do it tomorrow after work, and don't want to jack it up and take the wheels off and pads out to find i need a tool which i don't have.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Yeah just something with a flat edge to catch the piston - I have a windback tool I got on ebay but its about 3mm too big for the dam piston!

Just be careful not to nik the rubber boot and you're alright :)

FF RB 182
Mate said i could do it with a g clamp and mole grips, but like you say i'd rather not go damaging the dirt seal or the piston itself.

Think i'll wait and do it down my friends work when he's free as he has the proper tool.

Ph2 172
It can be done easily with any of the methods mentioned above, there's not much effort required to get them back.

Clio 172 Cup
Just used a screwdriver when I did mine, cost nothing and took all of 30 seconds to do.

A long snooth screwdriver is fine ive done it loads and never split the rubber or done any other damage, one of these kits is NOT required and im one for kits and gadgets to do a job right.