ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brake Efficiency

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
Just had my 172 Cup fail on rear brake efficiency, Had a total read out of 38%..

Garage said it needs to be at least 50%.. I had a hard time getting them to understand that the brake balance valve was not to be tested even though it was fitted..

What have you got on efficiency?

Is it possible someone has messed around with the balance valve and it could be letting enough fluid through?

Bleed the rears and there is no air in the system, The handbrake works fine and wasn't a problem?

Help me lol

Only 38%?

Poor effort.

I failed last year with 0% efficiency LOL

Sadly I can see it happening again...

I have no idea why the rear calipers and cabling/bias valve setup on clios is so pants, other french hot hatches have the same set up (and the same equipment in some cases) but don't seem to suffer such problems.

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
They have seen the vosa form however it's not a special notice there for been super seceded! They said it needs to be a minimum of 50% and mine isn't.

Handbrake works and passed on the rollers. Not sure what todo now?

Flooky

ClioSport Club Member
  172 CUP, D23 Navara
The valve is there as STD, pre set from factory.. No arm fittted as STD on the cups unlike the 172/182. Getting a poor read out of 38% effiencey on the rear. Some people have said the cups are like this and to show the mot station the vosa form but it's not official..

Am I best to try another mot station or what?

Has anyone had the same problem?

M2 Competition
Get them to phone VOSA, VOSA will tell them to pass it. Thats what i did when i had this difficulty with mine. I was told the vosa thing was a special notice, its how the cars came from the factory, the mot station you're at is an ass in basic.

The tester i had walked out and refused to sign the pass form in a huff as he'd been proved wrong, so someone else had to do it for him!