ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear brake disc bearing removal

RB 182 Cup
I'm in the process of replacing my rear discs and pads. One disc came away perfectly leave the stub axle ready to accept the new disc/bearing. However, the other disc came away leaving the inner bearing race still affixed to the stub axle.

Luckily it has a nice lip on it to grip, I've tried levering it off with crow bars etc but to no avail.

Just about to pop in to town to buy a bearing puller, should I be looking at a double or triple legged item, or is their another method of removing the inner race?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Lotus Elise
Blow torch?

Remember the washers behind the discs and 175nm for the hub nut. Sorry if this is gran mother and eggs.

RB 182 Cup
Cheers Sam,

Torque wrench ready and waiting, washer fitted on the other one as per your instructions, should I use a puller as well as heat? or will heat and crowbar suffice?

Thanks

John

Lotus Elise
Id try heat first, be carfeful though, dont want to bend the stub axle. Puller and loads of WD will suffice too.

RB 182 Cup
Cheers Sam,

Bearing inner now off. New discs fitted to 175nm with both washers in place! 7 hours of blood, sweat and tears, should have just paid someone!

Thanks for your help