ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear Brake Calipers

Renault Clio RS182
The 182 recently failed the MOT on a binding rear brake caliper :mad: I've had the wheel off and managed to wind the piston back, clean everything up as best as possible, and i've also fitted new discs and pads. Everything seemed ok for a few days, so i jacked the rear up and yep...still binding :(

I've had a search for common calipers on other cars (trying to get value for money :eek:), but with no definative answers. I'm under the impression that they are common items on cars such as the Saxo VTS and 106 GTI. Is this correct? Or would i be as well off just refurbishing my own? I read about a company called big red that sell refurb kits, but can't seem to find anything on ebay etc.

Thanks in advance

Renault Clio RS182
Thanks guys, i was stuck in 3 minds what to do. New, 2nd hand, or refurb mine. Been offered one at a good price, so i'll take a chance on that.