ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear bearings

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Need a replacement one for the track car but the discs are hardly used so only need the bearing, am I right in thinking 'FAG' make Renaults bearings? Failing that what brands are recommended, struggling to find OE Renault ones not fitted to discs.

Dan

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
SNR are Renault plenty of sellers on the net.

I assume its SNR part number is R155.77, can't find any Uk sellers at the moment after a very quick search though so would appreciate any input on the "plenty of sellers" statement ?

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Just got a genuine one on eBay listed for a Wind, same part OE number 7701208058 for £15 posted, still in its sealed bag, bargain.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182
Euro
SNR Wheel Bearing Kit (Rear)Product Code: 628745160

In StockFREE delivery available*Next day delivery available (Order before 4pm Mon-Thur)
£47.99
Price £64.52

carparts4less
In StockFREE delivery available*Next day delivery available (Order before 4pm Mon-Thur)
£ 32.29
Price £ 64.52

How are they so much cheaper? I assume they are ran by the same company as such as their sites are basically identical minus difference branding.

The cheaper one you mention for £21.61 looks to be for rear drums, not sure why its even showing me that as it knows my car model but there you go.

monaco 172
Euro

£47.99
Price £64.52

carparts4less
£ 32.29
Price £ 64.52

How are they so much cheaper? I assume they are ran by the same company as such as their sites are basically identical minus difference branding.

The cheaper one you mention for £21.61 looks to be for rear drums, not sure why its even showing me that as it knows my car model but there you go.

I find carparts4less tends to be similar priced to euros massive discounts after you factor in postage as it's online only.

Same company I think

There both the same size disc and drums, i use the ones without the active sensor build into the bearing as the 182 uses abs reluctor rings.

PH2 172
There comes a point when you may as well buy a pair of new OE rear discs, complete with bearings, ABS rings & delivery from RPD for £103, rather start bashing out the old bearings & fitting new ones.

PH2 172
Come to think of it, this thread is weird.

I replaced the rear discs with OE 40k miles ago, banged a 2nd set on very recently as the discs were showing signs of wear, but the bearings were still sound.

I replaced the rear discs with OE 40k miles ago, banged a 2nd set on very recently as the discs were showing signs of wear, but the bearings were still sound.
The op uses his car on track and would use the curbs.

dan's cast offs.
you can get mitex discs for £50 with bearings and rings. i've fitted god knows how many without issue. set on the wife's 172 lasted about 90,000 miles before they got binned but bearings were still perfect.

PH2 172
you can get mitex discs for £50 with bearings and rings. i've fitted god knows how many without issue. set on the wife's 172 lasted about 90,000 miles before they got binned but bearings were still perfect.

I assume you meant Mintex, so paying £50 for two bearings is really dumb.

Greeny.

ClioSport Club Member
  440i + 182

The discs have done about 1k of hard track mileage, they look brand new and the replacement bearing cost me £15 posted as above, perhaps I didn’t torque the hub nut up correctly but I would assume the bearings come under a lot more strain being used on track rather than on the road so your results are probably not comparable?

Was hoping to pay £25 ish for the bearing as my current one is totally fucked, like unbearably loud when driving at normal speeds, interested to see how much the wheel wobbles when I get it off :)

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
Using the cars hard on track, espeiclaly with sticky tyres puts extra stress on the bearings

The bearings are designed for a certain preload (175NM) on them, fit the spacer Tapered side Towards car and re-torque the nuts to that