ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rear bearings. Please help.

PH.2 'berg 172
Few days ago a humming/drone started coming from the rear my 172, so got a mate to check it out & he diagnosed it as the bearing. Am I able to just get a new bearing or is it integral to the disc like my mate thought it might be?

cheers.

Nimbus Clio 197
You can get the bearing pressed out of the disc, and replace it. Or you could just buy a new set of rear discs with them already in and whack those on, like I did today. It was about £44 for 1 wheels bearing, or £98 for a pair of rear discs, much better value seeing as I needed both rear bearings.

PH.2 'berg 172
Buy genuine IMHO. Heard of too many problems with aftermarket ones.

Excuse my ignorance but what IMHO? Haha

thing is I had new brakes discs, pads & bearings done on the rear back in march. Surely they shouldn't of gone already? Tempted to go back to the garage & argue the toss with them and see if they'll sort it free of charge? Think ill have a leg to stand on or will they just say these things happen etc?

182 Cup
It would be interesting to see if the garage put the washers back behind the new discs/bearings. Or if they were missing in the first place. If they were/are then thats why they've failed quickly!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
My rear bearings are going already too, new discs with bearings fitted back in March. Non OE fitted, so I rang the parts guy at Renault I know and he can do a set of discs with bearings pressed in for £98.50. For a laugh I asked him how much for just the bearings, it worked out only £4 cheaper than the discs..... No brainer :D

PH.2 'berg 172
I have no idea if they were/are genuine parts. TBH wouldn't have a clue what to look out for. Anybody got a link for genuine renault bearings with or without discs I'm not fussed.

​Tah

182cup & 172 racecar
I very much doubt that a garage would use genuine discs etc. They just seem to phone gsf or whoever are the cheapest at the time.

You should be able to tell from the invoice you had.

I would never fit anything else but Renault stuff, for the very reason you have above.

Nimbus Clio 197
When I changed mine yesterday, there were no washers behind the disc/bearing. Looked like some crap rubber things had been stuck in there. Good job I ordered them from George at the same time as the discs/bearings!

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
When I changed mine yesterday, there were no washers behind the disc/bearing. Looked like some crap rubber things had been stuck in there. Good job I ordered them from George at the same time as the discs/bearings!

Glad you got sorted Mike!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
I'll be dissapointed when i take my rear discs off to not find the deflector washers behind them, they were missing on my last Clio as well.

G 172, out of interest how much for OE rear discs delivered? PM if you prefer

George@RTR_Parts

ClioSport Trader
  need BRAKES? PM me
I'll be dissapointed when i take my rear discs off to not find the deflector washers behind them, they were missing on my last Clio as well.

G 172, out of interest how much for OE rear discs delivered? PM if you prefer

£99 posted please for Renault rear discs with bearings/abs rings