ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really P*ssed off

Had the day off work today to get the suspension mended on my Williams. Guy brings the car back at 5pm but hasnt done all the suspension, just the track rod. Still got a broken spring. :mad:. Stupid amateur. I think ill stick with Nick Hill from now on. I even ordered the springs from Renault for him, all he had to do was pick them up.

youll be surprised that sometimes a bad day can jsut happen. And removing a track rod after 12 years of salt spray can be a b*****d....you do know that the thread the nyloc nut is on swivels when you turn the nut, so if you dont know how to, or what to do it can be a right bastrd!

this weeked a trackrod took me several hrs trying, and several hrs inbetween fuming from teh b*****d thing!

Ask him why......might of been just an off day.

i may not know much but i am the master of freeing siezed track rods

make sure you heat it up till red hot an use stillsons on the bar, like anything if somthing is mega siezed apply steady pressure whilst hitting either side with a hammer (3 hands required) difficult to explain but trust me it the all else fails method that ALWAYS works

bad typing - done a few bits and bobs but freed millions of track rod ends from my old tyre fitting days (Great days!)

its a fine art especialy doing the old vauxhall clamp fitting ones

The double hammer trick is pure genius but difficult to explain

GDI Demo 182, Rsi Spider

Ben

I agree, it can be an arse of a job to do.... attack with my large angle grinder is usually last resort but works EVERY time!!!

lol.......precision engineering, i like it!

ON my b*****d rod end balljoint it took pressure on teh underside of the balljoint from a jack and my toughest set of mole grips which i had to use 2 lump hammers to close to get the b*****d nut off without the spindle twisting. Using heat only melted teh nylon back into the thread.

THe rod end came off the track rod easy though.

but hidden withing is the strength of a silver backed gorrila.....female of course.......dont make me gorilla hug you gorrila style behind a bush.....:D