ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Really loud strange grinding/screeching noice from my 182

RS Clio 182
So i was driving home from work and was decellerating,when my car starts making a really weird screeching/grinding noise,almost like a train stopping - it was so loud people were looking at me. It went on for a few minutes,then stopped for about 10 minutes,then when at a total standstill it started again for a few minutes. After that,it was ok for the last 10 mins on the way home - and ive had the engine going over at home for about 20 minutes and the noise hasnt come back. The idle is very rough though.

Anyone familiar with this?

Its going in for its 2nd belt change on friday aswell.

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
Mines doing this when dropping speed or decelerating in neutral im going to do the aux belt and left wheel bearing ( some time in it ) to see if that stops it.
Let me know if you fix it :coffee:

RS Clio 182
Im starting to think it was coming from another car now as it hasnt done it since and it was in the garage yesterday and had a check over. I had both belts changed,dephaser pulley,water pump replaced,filters,oil and also a resistor replaced which finally got all my fan blowers working again. Bill was £820. A lot of money but it needed doing - now drives a lot better and there isnt that horrible rattle from the old dephaser.

Clio 1.5 dci 65 2002
FairPlay did the noise go down
When I get around to it I will check the rear will bearing :p
A the moment I've got a blowing injector seal aha hopefully I can replace it tomorrow :s
fix one thing and an other thing goes wrong :(