ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

really? do people spend this much on an engine?

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
A 200 hp 1.6 peugeot engine (bare build!) costs about £6500 so thats perfectly believable.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Financial suicide but whatever floats your boat really. Bet that is a serious weapon though.

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Doesnt seem that pricey to me? Look at some of the build threads on MLR!

Theres a few Supras/skylines with £50kplus engines. In fact, £35k isnt that much in the grand scheme of things.

Togue Distribution EU look on there theres some eye watering stuff on there!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Doesnt seem that pricey to me? Look at some of the build threads on MLR!

Theres a few Supras/skylines with £50kplus engines. In fact, £35k isnt that much in the grand scheme of things.

Togue Distribution EU look on there theres some eye watering stuff on there!

Aye. There's that Irish bloke on MLR that's sent 90,000 Euros on the engine alone.

Love this ad for the Scooby when it says ".... three fuel pumps". Must be looking at 2-3 miles to the gallon at full chat.

D.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
no that cant be it cos my next door neighbour is a weed grower and he has a scooter

He needs to up his game.

The one I know drives a rangerover sport and a bentley! lol. (Yet he works for kwik fit and nobody has sussed him out??)

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172,scenic, trafic
He needs to up his game.

The one I know drives a rangerover sport and a bentley! lol. (Yet he works for kwik fit and nobody has sussed him out??)

he only has a small garden next door so hes a bit limited. he goes for walks in the fields on his own so i no hes growing somewhere else too but to be honest hes cornish so too thick to make a go of it

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
Trader Rating - 100%
3   0   0
  Jim's rejects
I bet that is a weapon, but what happens when it goes wrong... not just a case of buying some new plugs or having your timing checked....

I'd also need to spend more money to replace the wheels with Rota's and remove the rear wing, somehow hide the intercoolers bare face with a grille or something, sort the number plate and I think it'd look nice.

I'd be divorced, but I'd live my life a quarter mile at a time.....

gra_on_impreza_graffiti_2.jpg

gra_on_impreza_graffiti.jpg

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  Hondata'd EP3 Type R
Maybe he was growing so much weed, he had nothing else to spend the money on?
This lol.

People moan about how much others spend on their cars. You dont know his financial status. He could be a millionaire and have Lambo's, Ferrari's etc.. Building this to him, is the same as me in a normal job buying an air filter and an exhaust lol.

If i won the lottery, Id buy a stock R34GTR and sink £100k into no worries

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172,scenic, trafic
yes, im afraid so. to be 100% correct in his front garden and in a greenhouse in his back garden. when hes not here his dad waters it

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
Trader Rating - 100%
14   0   0
  Whichever has fuel
Steal it first, then when he re-plants call the old bill.

No point in not gaining from someones loss!

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172,scenic, trafic
no i couldnt agree more, i no i was wrong not to but to be fair my father in law had already grassed for me but the police never showed up.lol

Trader Rating - 100%
1   0   0
  172,scenic, trafic
they manage ok with out them in the summer, i dont think they have planted yet but have started building the greenhouse frames. will post some pics when they start..lol

Trader Rating - 100%
8   0   0
  Clio V6, M4 Comp, X5
I spent over 10k building this engine (cams, pistons, rods, turbo & manifold, intercooler, injectors, lifters and springs, valves, head work, fuel pump, the list is endless) only to kill it within a few days by feeding the inlet a nut i dropped, i then had to have another complete forged rebuild including new head, cams, turbo ect ect which was even more.

Then you have to think about the drive train and clutch which is just as much, then you have to stop the thing. Its so easy to bleed money building a reliable powerful car.

DSC_0612.jpg