ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re mapped the 1.2 :)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
I did it, against all the haters and people saying it was a waste of time.

All I can say is wow, it really makes the car more responsive and alot smoother to drive. Its a bit faster between 3-4000rpm but nothing to shout about. I'm more pleased about the response. I would recommend 100 per cent! :thumbup:

all the haters? did anyone even know you were doing it? Talk about delusions of grandeur.

f**king hate it when people throw out 'haters' etc.

any readouts?

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Lol, an earlier thread have me a load of abuse. No read out as was done by a mobile chap. Radical remaps. The guys there (Exeter) are amazing. He offered to put in a hydrogen injection thing (don't understand at this point) but I only had images of being in control if a nuclear bomb lol.

Not really bothered about HP as it wouldn't be a lot anyway;)

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
He invented it. I don't understand it but he told me that pure hydrogen is created and released into the air box, this increases the burn of the fuel. I saw it working and all that was coming from the exhaust was stream!

Renault Clio 182
all the haters? did anyone even know you were doing it? Talk about delusions of grandeur.

f**king hate it when people throw out 'haters' etc.

any readouts?

LOL I think most threads with any suggestion of mapping a 1.2 clio the op has been shot down

182 T
I was in the middle of writing something regarding Naith being a standard CS 'hater' and that you'd asked about it before and had some standard CS abuse for it then the page refreshed and you'd started talking about injecting hydrogen and I had to stop :(

Suzuki Jimny
So fill the tank with tap water and the hydrogens are released into the airbox and this makes it more faster and it only produces steam.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
FLOL!

I haz nitrogen injection in it blud!

I wouldn't let anyone with that level of intellectual ability touch my car, Christ on a bike.

bozothenutter

ClioSport Club Member
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrogen_fuel_enhancement

it more commonly refers to the controversial scam of using hydrogen produced through an electrolysis system on-board the vehicle. Scientifically accepted methods include storing hydrogen on the vehicle as a second fuel, or reforming conventional fuel into hydrogen with a catalyst. There has been a great deal of research into fuel mixtures, such as gasoline and nitrous oxide injection. Mixtures of hydrogen and hydrocarbons are no exception.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] These sources suggest that a small efficiency increases is sometimes possible. However in all of these experiments the hydrogen has come from an external source, hydrogen created by electrolysis "on board" must always consume more energy than is saved in order to not violate conservation of energy laws

05 clio dynamique

it more commonly refers to the controversial scam of using hydrogen produced through an electrolysis system on-board the vehicle. Scientifically accepted methods include storing hydrogen on the vehicle as a second fuel, or reforming conventional fuel into hydrogen with a catalyst. There has been a great deal of research into fuel mixtures, such as gasoline and nitrous oxide injection. Mixtures of hydrogen and hydrocarbons are no exception.[SUP][1][/SUP][SUP][2][/SUP][SUP][3][/SUP][SUP][4][/SUP][SUP][5][/SUP][SUP][6][/SUP][SUP][7][/SUP][SUP][8][/SUP] These sources suggest that a small efficiency increases is sometimes possible. However in all of these experiments the hydrogen has come from an external source, hydrogen created by electrolysis "on board" must always consume more energy than is saved in order to not violate conservation of energy laws

:lolup:

can you now go 100 mph instead of 98? I drive a 1.2 dynamique and there's so little power it's not even worth paying money out to increase it

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
Look them up. They are on google. They don't advertise the hydrogen though. As most innovators have been killed strangely enough...

They said you will see a big economy boost and a bit more power. No extra kit required. It basically increases the burn rate of fuel so instead of only using 70 per cent of the fuel it uses 100 per cent.
as it uses all the fuel there is no waste at the other end! Each kit is custom made to each car this guy is the real deal. A submarine engineer in a former life!

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
As I said, power want my aim. I'm not stupid. It just feels better to drive. the use kess v2 look it up. Its custom maps to each car, do I don't have a read out? So what, I know its nicer to drive. I don't need to prove that to anyone on here. I only wanted to share the fact that you don't only get a remap for power

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1

Wow, you read wikipedia! If your interested just ring the chap. He's friendly and is very open about it.

Carbonraider

ClioSport Club Member
  Raider, 172, the van
I suppose this hydro system will work on the same basis as the dei cry02 system..

330i. E30 Touring.
How does it make it more efficient by using 100% of the fuel rather than 70%?!

Trust me, it's bullshit.

With the millions of £££'s that OEM's put into development, do you not think one of them would be using technology like this if all a car put out was steam?

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
PMSL at Hydrogen Injection. Do you get a button which you can press too soon junior as well?

Once he started spouting that crap I'd have sent him packing. Tbh I wouldn't have had it mapped on my drive, I'd have got it on some rollers and got it done properly.

Last edited:
  Nippy white cup
To be fair when I had my old 8v 1.2 I got a power boost valve fitted and it made a fair difference to how it drove. Doubt it added any power but it definatley pulled better lower down......on a 172 it would probably be less noticeble as my 1.2 had feck all at low revs lol. This sounds similar in 'perfomance' increase to that tbh. As for hydo power I'll skip it....as already mentioned it would be all over the magazines etc if it was a good idea

Clio 1.2 Mk2 Ph1
It is legitimate. Its a franchise, you can buy into it and they train you etc etc. I saw the hydrogen working on a jag, the work was done fully insured with a warranty. They can put the old map on 7 dayno quibble.

If you actually look into the history of people developing hydrogen power out there. Alot of people have just simply disappeared. Its very strange. The technology is there, I'm sure there are reasons behind but what? UK chip tuning offer franchise starts for just over 1k so its a real business opportunity...

330i. E30 Touring.
It is legitimate. Its a franchise, you can buy into it and they train you etc etc. I saw the hydrogen working on a jag, the work was done fully insured with a warranty. They can put the old map on 7 dayno quibble.

If you actually look into the history of people developing hydrogen power out there. Alot of people have just simply disappeared. Its very strange. The technology is there, I'm sure there are reasons behind but what? UK chip tuning offer franchise starts for just over 1k so its a real business opportunity...

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you really do sound like a bit of a plank.

If this technology was so good, OEM's would be running it in every car by now. NO questions.

Just because something's available as a franchise, doesn't mean it's any good.

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I take it yours has a fly by wire throttle (not paid much attention to which car you have TBH)

If so the gains from a remap are VERY noticeable at everything except part throttle, as the usual thing to do is to just alter the user request map so that 10% throttle is now 25% throttle etc.

So when you touch the throttle a little the car shoots off like you have pressed it a lot more.

Makes utterly no difference to performance and IMHO it makes them horrible to drive as you lose so much resolution, but its quite funny how much difference people perceive it to have made.

Assuming that is what has been done here, then if you had your car rolling roaded at half throttle before and after I bet you genuinely have "gained" 20bhp at that point now, the only problem is that the last half of the throttle now does practically nothing, lol