ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Re-cover the original steering wheel or go after-market?

2004 ph2 172
Is there anyone here who's managed to get a satisfactory job when it comes to recovering the shitty 172 steering wheel? Or does everyone just go for a new one and ditch the airbag/add a resistor?

Also... is removing the airbag technically an MOT failure, or is it the airbag light that causes an MOT failure?

Pm Snappy (Andy) on here mate he does a work of art with each steering wheel!

Just a quick search of the name Snappy and you will see a lot of his work and see why I am getting one done when I get paid :)

*with regards to re-trims

Removing the airbag is now technically a failure (unless the car is stripped and deemed a track car). As I found out. Despite having resistors so light worked as it should.
However a lot of people's have also gone through absolutely fine. Its a lottery I think as to whether they pick up on it.

2004 ph2 172
Cheers James and spinksy: Now all I need to do is find out what the deal is in Sweden.

I've just MOT'd 3 vehicles in a row here though, and used the same guy each time. He's just tweaked his Octavia to give 305 horsies. There's leeway, but it can't be a visible (depending on the age of the car) ... New cams? ok. ITBs? .... nope.