ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB Clio 182 and Yamaha R1 after overhauls......

RB 182 FF
I thought I'd take a few quick pics after doing some maintenance on the R1 and also after my 182 having a brand new gearbox and clutch...... It's been an expensive start to the year but all expected on a 2004 182....... Should be good for another 95k miles now with any luck... I've been dabbling with the idea of selling the 182 but for now after spending a wedge on it it's going to be a keeper...Until I change my mind again...!

Dan@SJM has done all major work on my 182 and hes a great guy, my car drives stupendously well now, a smooth gearbox and new clutch makes all the difference.. Here's a few snaps after doing maintenance on the R1 including caliper cleaning, new brake fluid, a coolant change and fresh fully synth oil, I hadn't fitted the belly pan back on as I'd only just finished the maintenance.

IMG_20160227_145307.jpg IMG_20160227_145307.jpg IMG_20160227_145336.jpg IMG_20160227_155730.jpg IMG_20160227_155758[1].jpg IMG_20160227_155825.jpg

RB 182 FF
Cheers guys, thanks Advikaz:up: the pics aren't great but I was in a rush today and snapped quickly as I was packing up... Impreza I'm not sure on the plates as it's been a few years.... It was the same place that everyone else was getting them from on here a while back if that helps?!:up:

RB 182 FF
Cheers Macci, it's on Cooksports...It does however have a full size spare alloy in the boot in the pics which has dropped it a touch at the rear... They drive great and the ride height is spot on I think, one of the best purchases I've made without doubt..:up:

182 cup
Just been looking at them funnily enough! For £144 cant go far wrong. thanks for the info, reckon i will invest when i get my RB clio.

RB 182 FF
Just an update on the 182, my stainless catback exhaust was done by Prospeed in Cardiff and they're awesome! My original exhaust tips had seen better days and I wanted to go bigger as there was more room left in the recesses. I opted for 3 inch slash cuts and Charlie did an awesome job yet again, I think the tips look spot on in the cutouts now...Very happy with it, I've had it 4 years and the system has been faultless!:smile::up:

IMG_20160329_173610.jpg

RB Clio 182
Very nice rb mate it looks lovely and clean and in very good condition.

I dont normally like black wheels but those 182 wheels in black really suit it, the exhaust tips look great also, very smart! :)

RB 182 FF
I agree ChristAlmighty, I'm not a black wheel fan either but on RB it really suits it! I have a spare wheel in cup anthracite and to me it looks like a hubcap!!:tonguewink:

RB 182 FF
It's a bit boy racer but I like it also Earlesey!:smile: I chose it because I have a black Renault diamond and the chrome look tow eye breaks things up a bit...:up:

RB 182 FF
I'll be back from work end of September ADS and plan to get my wheels refurbed by your boys October time, so if you fancied meeting up around then that would awesome and I could drool over your V6!:smile::up:

RB 182 FF
Aren't they awesome @TonkaTruck ! :smile: I inherited a 98' R1 off my bro who gave up biking and it's a bit scruffy so I use that one most of the time... This R1 is too mint to rag around and only has 5k miles on it so I use it for dry day cruising only to hopefully keep some value in it, I'm hoping mint carb R1's will inflate hugely in time like the Clio V6!:smile:

I've got a huge want for a 2009- Aprilia RSV4 Factory... If I can arrange funds next year I might get one, with a race can they sound insane!:tongueout:

TonkaTruck

ClioSport Club Member
  28k Trophy - R1200GS
@VR46-G@Z I just passed me Unrestricted last year. Went from a 125 to a 1200 (Mental).
However I do lots of camping / commuting at weekends, so the GS is ideal. However I have a real itch for a S1000RR / R1!

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
Aren't they awesome @TonkaTruck ! :smile: I inherited a 98' R1 off my bro who gave up biking and it's a bit scruffy so I use that one most of the time... This R1 is too mint to rag around and only has 5k miles on it so I use it for dry day cruising only to hopefully keep some value in it, I'm hoping mint carb R1's will inflate hugely in time like the Clio V6!:smile:

I've got a huge want for a 2009- Aprilia RSV4 Factory... If I can arrange funds next year I might get one, with a race can they sound insane!:tongueout:
@VR46-G@Z I just passed me Unrestricted last year. Went from a 125 to a 1200 (Mental).
However I do lots of camping / commuting at weekends, so the GS is ideal. However I have a real itch for a S1000RR / R1!
Rsv4 and s1000rr were the two main bikes in my mind when I was getting a new bike last year. Ended up with a panigale but in all honesty they are all epic but very different to each other at the same time.

The new r1 isn't a great road bike and feels like a very fast plank of wood to ride. Hugely capable though on track.

RB 182 FF
@TonkaTruck you can get a decent carb R1 for peanuts now, still got 150 bhp and light so really fun! A couple of grand will get you a tidy carb R1 and they're a doddle to work on, so cheap to run and maintain... why not go for it! Only must do's on one is a steering damper and away you go...!:up:

@Advikaz I'm very jealous you have a Panigale, epic and gorgeous machines!! The main reason I want an RSV4 is you dont see many around and I like something a bit different, I'm not a quick rider just safe and brisk when in the mood... I just love Italian machinery, also considering a 1098 Streetfighter and keep the R1 for best of both worlds... I normally take a backpack and have a picnic at scenic spots... :smile:

I've heard what you say about the R1 Advikaz, I don't like it to be honest! It's lost its R1 identity, I know times change but I don't like it... I prefer the 09-14 big bang R1's...:tongueout:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
@TonkaTruck you can get a decent carb R1 for peanuts now, still got 150 bhp and light so really fun! A couple of grand will get you a tidy carb R1 and they're a doddle to work on, so cheap to run and maintain... why not go for it! Only must do's on one is a steering damper and away you go...!:up:

@Advikaz I'm very jealous you have a Panigale, epic and gorgeous machines!! The main reason I want an RSV4 is you dont see many around and I like something a bit different, I'm not a quick rider just safe and brisk when in the mood... I just love Italian machinery, also considering a 1098 Streetfighter and keep the R1 for best of both worlds... I normally take a backpack and have a picnic at scenic spots... :smile:

I've heard what you say about the R1 Advikaz, I don't like it to be honest! It's lost its R1 identity, I know times change but I don't like it... I prefer the 09-14 big bang R1's...:tongueout:

I love the Pani mate. The s1000 is a fantastic bike and really flatters your riding but I just didn't fall in love with it.. It's a little clinical ?!

It's great at everything and honestly as a road superbike I don't think there's a better one out there, but it didn't make me want to buy it. Just didn't fall for it..

Rsv are great as well but dealership locations etc worried me. Plus they are pretty cramped whereas my mine is spacious. The panigale is somewhere in the middle of the two really. I don't think you can beat it for sex appeal either!

The r1 is an epic piece of engineering but again, didn't want to rush out and buy it. Every single one I've seen on the road has had the biggest chicken strips I have ever seen as well ha ha, think it's all the guys that think they are rossi buying them to increase their penis size. End up being scared of it!

RB 182 FF
I totally agree with what you say! Typical BMW really, and all things German, great machinery but I don't want any of it...! Except maybe a V10 M5 or M6! But that's only because of the engine! :smile:

Italian stuff just gets you hooked, I love Ducati's! The RSV4 does worry me with the cramped size, I'm 6"3 with long legs so I'd probably look ridiculous and feel awful after a decent ride... I'll have to test ride one and a Streetfighter and see how it goes, I just fancy a treat next year!:smile:

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I totally agree with what you say! Typical BMW really, and all things German, great machinery but I don't want any of it...! Except maybe a V10 M5 or M6! But that's only because of the engine! :smile:

Italian stuff just gets you hooked, I love Ducati's! The RSV4 does worry me with the cramped size, I'm 6"3 with long legs so I'd probably look ridiculous and feel awful after a decent ride... I'll have to test ride one and a Streetfighter and see how it goes, I just fancy a treat next year!:smile:

Same issue as me mate

I'm also 6ft3.