ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 Detail.....

Clio 197 RB
Seeing as it was such a lovely day I thought I would finish machine polishing the Cup.
I had completed the front of the car last week but run out of light to finish the whole car.

I started by cleaning the wheels with Auto Finesse Imperial, left to soak then agitated with a brush.
Rinsed off and the sprayed with iron x, again left to dwell and then rinsed off.
Tyres cleaned with APC and brush.

a250aca0.jpg

Whole bottom half of the car sprayed with Auto Finesse Citrus Power and left to dwell for a while.
Rinsed and then Iron X applied to areas that needed it.
Rinsed again then the whole car cleaned with Auto Finesse Lather and Meguiars Wash Mitt (2 bucket method).
Rinsed and then patted dry with a drying towel.

The rear end was Clayed, so was the roof and rear quarters. I also removed the Renault Sport badge from the boot.

Once all the areas were Clayed, the appropriate areas were taped up and I began the Machine Polishing stage. Used my DAS-6 Pro with Orange Menzerna pad and Menzerna polish.
Once all areas had been polished, they were waxed with Dodo Juice Light Fantastic.

a93e8e14.jpg

8fd68d77.jpg

Trims treated with Auto Finesse Revive and tyres with Meguiars Endurance.

Heres a few pics.

6b1f24ed.jpg

50c4dc78.jpg

4ae71069.jpg

aca4ced1.jpg

a63f3bd8.jpg

Clio 197 RB
I think the rear bumper was resprayed, there is was some slight orange peel so that's where the blue has come from.
Plus the polish was a purple colour.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
i dont know why i didnt go for rb when i was buying a 182, back then (2 years ago) i wasnt keen on it, what a kick to the nuts thats turned out to be. still b/g is still nice. lovely car and write up :approve:

RB 182
Yeah the finish you've achieve is great, much better than my attempts but im still learning and over compensating for my lack of experience as not to shag the paint work, hopefully ill get mine to something like soon.. :)

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
The pictures are pretty poor mate, I can't really see much. :(

The pad being Blue is simply a case of the garage using solid colour instead or clearover base. This is something that really is starting to get on my tits! These garages are doing the same on the Trophies.

The simply fact is the blue basecoat has lacquer over it. The lacquer is there for a reason. So they have painted it with different paint, usually because it's easier, cheaper and the match is easier to get. Utter pisch imo.

Good job though.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
The pictures are pretty poor mate, I can't really see much. :(

The pad being Blue is simply a case of the garage using solid colour instead or clearover base. This is something that really is starting to get on my tits! These garages are doing the same on the Trophies.

The simply fact is the blue basecoat has lacquer over it. The lacquer is there for a reason. So they have painted it with different paint, usually because it's easier, cheaper and the match is easier to get. Utter pisch imo.

Good job though.

Is there any way of identifying they've used a solid colour for us uneducated?