ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

RB 182 - Couple of small mods. :)

DB.

BMW 440i
Finally got some new pics of the small updates. NathJ painted a few bits and bobs. He also did the gear knob insert but i decided i wasnt keen on that and have swapped it back for a standard one. :)

Decided to debadge the complete rear end, and replace the Clio badge with the pin holes, with the Renaultsport badge from the 197. I feel as if the old style 'Clio' badge gives the car a slightly more dated look. The steering wheel decal is on, ballsed up the airbag one though. Will get it sorted soon.

The new dash strips and steering wheel insert.
DSC01284.gif

New Rear End.

Before

DSC01238.gif

After
DSC01288.gif

New Engine Bay Cover

Im aiming to sort the metals out next. Think they will either be polished, or sprayed a very light high power silver. :) This will be the next update on the way, most likely next week.

DSC01289.gif

DSC01290.gif

Clio
very nice indeed. Why did you take your clio badge off? Also I say you do your dial surrounds and gear knob RB like Da did.

DB.

BMW 440i
I have a RB gear knob insert infront of me. I didnt like the look of it and im sending it off to a member from here today. Preferred the standard one.

Dial surrounds may get done one day, looks like alot of hassle though.

Read the writing above about the 'Clio' badge mate. :)

Golf GTD Mk7
looks ok, although i'm all for keeping the old style badge as the car is old :) Nice to spruise it up though

non sport
love the bay, interior looks smart too, not sure about the rear badges...suppose its cleaner...nice work bud

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
From the second picture, I was just trying to imagine what it would look like completely debadged, and it cleans it up really nicely. Each to their own, I guess. I think personally I would leave it as it is, but it definitely freshens it up a bit with what you've done :cool:

There's a guy near where I live with a 172 and he's got one of these on his :

car_photo_340363_25.jpg

GONE!!Yozza'd BG 182
that car is spot on, love the colour and wish i had waited and got one like it, the new badge makes the boot look smarter. where does everyone get the new dash strips and gear insert from? and polished metal inside the engine bay would be my choice ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
that car is spot on, love the colour and wish i had waited and got one like it, the new badge makes the boot look smarter. where does everyone get the new dash strips and gear insert from? and polished metal inside the engine bay would be my choice ;)

Yeah, this was my missus' engine bay on her 172 :

DSC00606.jpg

Looked great.

DB.

BMW 440i
Are there any battery covers, thats one area of the bay i think looks a bit messy on mine.

Will be giving the bay a going over next week, will get some more pics up!

That bay looks great!

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R
You should be able to get water, washer bottles and battery trays/covers etc in chrome or stainless from various places. Would certainly spruce up the engine bay, yes.

I should be picking my RB182 up at the weekend. Completely standard, 27k with stripes. It'll be given my own treatment (exhaust, coilovers etc.) in May when I get back from France, so it will be completely stock until then :cool:

DB.

BMW 440i
Scutch - Would prefer just a plain black battery cover,

Think too much chrome/stainless steel would ruin it. Will be quite in your face when all polished up! lol!

Nixxy - Seats are out of an Evo 8

Cheers for the comments :)

b/g 182, meg tourer
^^ i think the battery covers look a bit naff. i prefer spraying the terminal box instead. like this.

DSC00510.jpg

DSC00553.jpg

i had a go at making a battery cover from an old bath pannel. did the job. i tried to design it to keep the cold air in the right place tho with the top feed removed to the airbox.

DSC01488.jpg

DB.

BMW 440i
Ahh, cheers for that mate! Appreciate it!

I'm sure I've only seen one before and that was a cf job on an inferno or trophy, I'll try and dig it up!

DB.

BMW 440i
Yes, 2 holes behind the Clio badge. The Renaultsport badge covers them perfectly though. :)