ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

rattling from exhast/bolts from exhaust heat shield?

clio 182
since getting a cat fitted i noticed a rattling from the exhaust on looking it think it may be this???

clio014.jpg

clio015.jpg

happens mainly at low rev's, its annoying n sounds sh!t when setting off coz it rattles,

common problem?

any ideas on how to sort this? i was thinking thick rubber washers n a nut? need 4 tho?

ClioSport 172 Cup
I get a similar sound coming from that area, mines a buzzing sound at 4k. I`m thinking of ripping all that heat shielding off as it does sound horrible and i have a stainless system anyway so it dissipates very little heat.

Samuel

S4 Avant
They all do it. I've glued mine up with araldite. Doesn't move anymore, regardless of whether I want it to or not.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Piece off piss fix, m8.

I went to B&Q and got a pack of larger washers for about a quid. Sprayed some WD40 on the nut to loosen it take it off, then slid the washer back on with the nut over it - trapping the tray up against the chassis.

Worked a treat and stopped the rattling noise straight away. :)

D.

Mk5 golf gti
Piece off piss fix, m8.

I went to B&Q and got a pack of larger washers for about a quid. Sprayed some WD40 on the nut to loosen it take it off, then slid the washer back on with the nut over it - trapping the tray up against the chassis.

Worked a treat and stopped the rattling noise straight away. :)

D.

exactly what i did
i dont have any rattles anymore
ive had to sort 5 or 6 diff ratlles out from around the car
i now class my self as an expert lol
:D

Golf GTD Mk7
cable ties are your friend :D. Couldn't be arse removing it as the bolts were a b**ch to remove. Normal problem. Just take the heat shield off, not going to make much difference really

clio 182
Cheers people. Yeah going to look for some nuts/washers tonight or I might just glue it! Does my head it sat at traffic lights. I must look a right nob lol

b/g 182, meg tourer
yeah i did what darren s did. thing is after a while the heatshield also tears around the new bigger washer. getting the araldite out when the weather improves.

clio 182
washers short term, araldite long term? looks like ill be glueing then! or i might just get the garage to sort it when it goes bk in of a part under warrently?

Abarth 500 Esseesse
I've got this annoyance aswell! And it's worse now because of the extra vibration after having the RS192 and decat fitted at the weekend.

I'm unsure which route to go down to solve it, wouldn't mind ripping it off, wouldn't mind washers/glueing the bugger. See where the feeling takes me when I get under it!

ClioSport 172 Cup
If you have a stainless system you might aswell rip it all off as stainless emits very low heat, nothing that can do any damage! Its fitted originally because the standard system is mild steel and gets hot.