ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattling Clio Trophy Recaro

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Hi,

Posted this over on the cliotrophy forum the other week but I still can't solve this problem so I thought if someone on hear might be able to help me!?

My drivers Recaro seat has started to develop a rattle. I've read various posts about this being a fault in the seat runners but does anyone know what the definitive answer is or how to cure it as I can't find it!?

Whenever I brake or go over a largish bump there is a clicking noise like something is rolling around/back and forth. I had a look and found 2 bits of a small white plastic sphere that were lodged in the runner. When I grab the seat and try to move it from side to side all I can hear is this rattling but I can seem to pinpoint exactly where it is coming from.

It sounds like a ball bearing running back and forth, and when you go over a bump it sounds like it is being shaken about and rattling.

Advice and ideas greatly appreciated as it is really starting to bug me!

Patrick

Black Gold Trophy
my mrs has the same recaros in her cup, and had a rattle from the passenger side that was only audible when there was no-one sitting on it.
I checked the seat for play in the subframe/mounts and found that the slide release handle was a lose fit at the base where it attatches to the subframe.
I strangely cured it with a piece of fuel line from a nitro RC car (lol! it was all I had lying around that was the right size) and it worked a treat!

Where abouts are you? I may be able to give you a hand...

Renault Clio 182 Trophy
Cheers for the reply mate, I am based in Oxford.

Rattle only happens when seat is moved back and forth and over bumps! Really sounds like it is in seat runners, are they easy to remove?

Cheers