ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattley window

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
i know it is a french sh*tbox and that i should expect such things but this is doing my nut.

i have a rattling in my drivers door, i dismantled the door twice and messed with various things but have now discovered that its the window rattling slightly,

so any idea how i can reduce / stop this? without bricking it / boarding it up

VaVa
Same as mine then ^^^

took it back to Renault, who said they found no fault but lubed everything in ther. i just put up with it now lol.

Clio 182 Trophy 047/500
Snap both mine do it when the window is very slighty open, I have resorted to turning the radio up louder to over come the rattle that sends me mad.

I had a look at the runner a few months back where the glass sits in that the only area I could think that would cause the rattle, right at the very bottom right hand. Dont have a pic of it as that would be easier to show you where I mean.

Mk4 .:R32
to be honest I've accepted the fact it's really badly made, using second hand plastic and blue tack. Rattles everywhere. Just counting the days to getting a german car lol

CB600FS
Are the regulator bolts tight holding itself onto the door?

Check the rubber pads that actually touch the window and hold it onto the regulator hasn't fallen out aswell.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
its when the window is closed, i have now changed my driving style and relax with my right arm against the window pushing against it.......lol

i will be dismantling the door card again to see how i can recify this, smashing the window may become an option..

any ideas or pictures would be a great help at this point prior to attacking it

well i had a window regulator go and i had it replaced but the chap i had sort it for me ;) you know who, i think he mite have a suggestion for you ? worth a txt or a pm perhaps ?

www.renparts.co.uk
i can't see how the window itself is rattling when closed. theyre under a lot of pressure, so much the door bends a little when the window is at the top. Probs the regulator or something.

Nafoff

ClioSport Club Member
well i had a window regulator go and i had it replaced but the chap i had sort it for me ;) you know who, i think he mite have a suggestion for you ? worth a txt or a pm perhaps ?

will get in contact with that man

with regards to whats making that noise, its deffo the window rattling, as i said above, when i apply pressure to it, it stops

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Has the door/window ever been replaced? Theres always the possibility of the window being a wind-up one and not an electric one (They are different shapes)