ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle!

Clio 182
Hi guys,
Just looking for some advice. I have a dci 65 and when im accelerating or when driving on rough road I can hear a very 'frequent and metallic' sort of buzzing noise. I have traced it to a box behind the panel which houses the headlight level adjuster. I can stop the noise by pressing against the box but I have tried all types of foam etc and it just does not work. Does anybody know what the box is or has anyone experienced this before? I have included a picture, excuse the foam.
http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa164/mark01348/Image014.jpg

Thanks

1998 BMW e46 323i
not sure what i'm looking at there mate, but i had a similar noise a while back. it was only the wiring connections that had come away from the switchgear. a simple fix, but not, I fear, what you're experiencing

1998 BMW e46 323i
without seeing the box... is it a noisy relay? is it loose and rattling or actually mechanically noisy?

Clio 182
I dunno what it is there, its quite big, but as soon as you put pressure on it the buzz stops and it doesnt always happen. I might put a clamp on it :approve: