ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rattle @4k rpm

slight rattle enough to hear through the radio, only lasts till 4300rpm then goes away. does it whether revs are rising or falling

also have a louder more pronounced rattle/straining from 6-8k, not good lol!

any ideas?

(cambelt is 4 months old and timing is spot on)

Freetrack&Monaco 172
Could be the exhaust heatshield. Thats what I found it was on mine.

+1

My sis's saxo had something similar to this, tin-ie rattle mid-way up the revs.....was the welds on the heat shield

Had a similar louder rattle on mine, turned out to be the centre section's baffles which had come loose inside it......was a Mk1 Ktec Stealth system though.

Try getting someone to rev the car for you whilst you lay beside with a torch and try to see/work out what it is, or use something like a wooden broom handle, put one end against your head (just in front of your ear) and then touch different parts of the exhaust/underside of the car with the other end........helps identify better where the noise is or if its inside anything like the exhaust tubing etc.

thanks lads, had the car up on ramps theres no blowing and theres miles of clearance from heat sheild so most likely centre section baffles :)

just an excuse to get a 2.5" custom system now

Bumder With A Buffer
My Yozza vibrates and rattles and that's due to exhaust shield (I thought it was baffles but its not!)

Im not saying that's what your issue is just trying to say that just because its no where near doesn't mean it "could" be hitting if you follow me??!!

Freetrack&Monaco 172
thanks lads, had the car up on ramps theres no blowing and theres miles of clearance from heat sheild so most likely centre section baffles :)

just an excuse to get a 2.5" custom system now

Does the noise you get sound like a rattling or is it more like a can of spanners being shaken hard.....

My Ktec baffles sounded really bad until I replaced the centre section.

Have a look at my old thread, some good suggestions from others and might be helpfull:

http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=327757