ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Raspberry Pi

Golf R32
Just ordered one of the Farnell site, I gave up with trying to load the product screen properly but managed to open the "basket" in another window and then put the order code into the cells and updated it to add it, from there just refreshed screen once or twice till I completed the order. Still no guarantee I've actually got one but see what happens

If you can get the "basket" screen to load the order code for the product is 2081185

Only just seen this. Looks interesting. Could it be used to browse the web with an ethernet cable/wifi dongle attached?

Octy VRS
Yes, if you could get hold of one. They are starting to pop up on Ebay between £50 and £999 now though.

Bumder With A Buffer
Just ordered one of the Farnell site, I gave up with trying to load the product screen properly but managed to open the "basket" in another window and then put the order code into the cells and updated it to add it, from there just refreshed screen once or twice till I completed the order. Still no guarantee I've actually got one but see what happens

If you can get the "basket" screen to load the order code for the product is 2081185

YEs thats the product code but they are out of stock...they have been since 8.30am.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Yes, if you could get hold of one. They are starting to pop up on Ebay between £50 and £999 now though.

People are class A idiots. Why the f**k would you do that?
Actions like that spoil it all for the rest of us, I wanted one to experiment with home automation and to try and use it to build a mythtv DVR

AK

M240i
They're going into mass production though aren't they? Fernall has the rights to produce more?

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
They're going into mass production though aren't they? Fernall has the rights to produce more?

Yes and RS. Judging by the success they'll be bigger and better versions as they go along. Its basically BBC micro all over again.

Bumder With A Buffer
They would of been better off doing what they said they were going to do...have a pre-order for the first 10k that they were making (apparently) and selling them on the site shop.

How they have handled it by using Farnell and RS today has been pretty shocking. Sure use them the initial first off's, but even so Farnell and RS are just distributors..they order stock just like the rest of us.

Ibiza SC
They would of been better off doing what they said they were going to do...have a pre-order for the first 10k that they were making (apparently) and selling them on the site shop.

How they have handled it by using Farnell and RS today has been pretty shocking. Sure use them the initial first off's, but even so Farnell and RS are just distributors..they order stock just like the rest of us.

We've had 500,000 website hits every 15 minutes :).

(Yes, I work in Farnell Sales).

Ibiza SC
We sold out around 8.30am this morning. Current lead time for back orders is 7-8 weeks.

Register here, by doing this you will get information regarding stock position etc.
http://downloads.element14.com/raspberryPi1.html

Thanks for your email about Raspberry Pi.

We’re really excited to be a part of this innovative product launch!

Following the successful launch of Raspberry Pi Board B this morning we’ve seen unprecedented levels of interest in this product – a 300% uplift in web traffic and over 600 registrations of interest, visits or pre-orders every second.

Stocks from Raspberry Pi of the initial production quantity are very limited and these have already sold out. However, we’re working very closely with Raspberry Pi to ensure we can meet the demand as soon as possible. We will be one of the first to have Raspberry Pi’s in stock and delivered to you, so if you haven’t been able to pre-order, register your interest by clicking Register Here.

Farnell element14’s community site, element14.com, also has support and information in the dedicated Raspberry Pi group – download the OS for your Raspberry Pi, see our element14 members helping other members with projects, check out the very latest videos and tutorials www.element14.com/raspberrypi

Steve

Polo + Micra
ahhh ffs i couldn't get on the farnell website at 6.10 this morning so went onto the rs to find the register interest :dapprove:

AK

M240i
Got myself "pre-ordered".

Still need to sort my NAS set-up and downloads etc so not that fused when it comes.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
For what I need to build up yes...RS/Farnell for my in-house stuff IE one off's. Otherwise Anglia/Arrow etc.

Ahhh....I'll let you off then! Our new pick and place machine (ordered yesterday!) can place 01005 components (that's 0.2mm by 0.1mm), which is spectacular.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Shame we have to wait a million weeks for them now.. surely they knew demand would be completely mental.

Mr Farnell sales person, any idea how many were being built in this initial batch that the lead time is mental?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Shame we have to wait a million weeks for them now.. surely they knew demand would be completely mental.

Mr Farnell sales person, any idea how many were being built in this initial batch that the lead time is mental?

Electronic component lead times are mental. We had a lead time of 9 months on a processor we use.

Bumder With A Buffer
Ahhh....I'll let you off then! Our new pick and place machine (ordered yesterday!) can place 01005 components (that's 0.2mm by 0.1mm), which is spectacular.

Blimey thats pretty impressive! You build your own stuff up then? Do you do enough bits to warrant that?? IE do you build all your stuff??

Electronic component lead times are mental. We had a lead time of 9 months on a processor we use.

Tell me about it..we have one with a 48 week lead time last year!

dk

911 GTS Cab
I'll wait until they bring out the ones with cases, really can't see the rush to get one today, without a case, unless you wanted to sell for a profit on eBay with all these people (who some don't even know what it even is!) seemingly wanting one.

I personally, can wait tbh.

Bumder With A Buffer
In a way how they "released" it was good publicity. They did it too maximise awareness of the product and it worked.

As above I can wait...im just a bit annoyed as I thought I was on a pre-order from months and months ago from a thread on their site, as did a few of my work mates.

I wonder how many they actually had made? I also wonder why it was so hard for a big company like farnell to wait until after lunchtime to sort out their website?