ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Range Rover Sport Pics/Detail/Review

A long one!

First up, my opinions so far.. I'll try not to compare this too much to the Gallardo but I probably won't be able to avoid it. Decided to buy this 2 weeks ago and haven't missed the Lambo once since getting it. It was good at times, but its definately a 2nd/3rd car. Sounds strange I know, but the RRS is just great! Its up for sale now aswell..

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/1398118.htm

Good thing is its free'd up some money, and costing a fair bit less each month aswell

I definately miss a toy, in fact I really miss my old TVR, but oddly don't miss the Gallardo.. It was just too much of a chore to drive 90% of the time.. The 10% when out for a random drive it was amazing, but for everything else it was pretty useless. Shame really. The plan is to get something like a Caterham when the weather gets better :D

Onto the RRS.. Wanted the HSE TDV8 with 20's and side steps in Gunmetal Grey. Just by chance the Aberdeen branch had one in.. Quick phonecall, test drive etc and it was a done deal. The HSE comes with all the toys pretty much..

The V8 itself is by no means fast, but in sport mode it does shift pretty quickly considering its size and weight.. To drive though its immense, so comfy and relaxing, fridge aswell which is pretty good on a long journey. Its also nice blending into the normal traffic rather than having folk wave and take pictures all the time. LOL.

I hate to admit it, but I'm an Auto convert.. If I ever go back to a Lambo/Fez, it will definately be the E-Gear/F1 box. Having 5 seats is nice aswell (all heated) and the boot is huge! I've done close to 1000 miles already in it, and its been great.. I strangely look forward to driving it, especially on rainy/dark/cold nights.. Weird. The Gallardo was hard work at times.

Although 1000 miles has taken its toll.. Onto the pics.

For folk who aren't interested in detailing.. From this
DSC_0798.jpg

To this..
DSC_0816.jpg

The detail was a bit of a pain with it being so big, but was a nice morning!

Started with this. Clarted!
DSC_0797.jpg

DSC_0793.jpg

DSC_0795.jpg

DSC_0794.jpg

DSC_0796.jpg

DSC_0799.jpg

Power washed the majority off..
DSC_0802.jpg

DSC_0801.jpg

Foamed (I need a foam lance)..
DSC_0803.jpg

DSC_0804.jpg

Mats out..
DSC_0807.jpg

DSC_0808.jpg

Washed..
DSC_0805.jpg

DSC_0806.jpg

Just gave it a quick run over with SRP and some 3.02 in places..
DSC_0809.jpg

DSC_0812.jpg

DSC_0813.jpg

DSC_0814.jpg

Tyre dressing on.
DSC_0811.jpg

Onyx'd!
DSC_0820.jpg

DSC_0822.jpg

DSC_0817.jpg

DSC_0815.jpg

DSC_0818.jpg

DSC_0816.jpg

Tidy that, interiors on modern Landrovers really are the best, just needs a private plate on there now to finish it off.

Pep

ClioSport Club Member
  M2,XJS,S1000RR
Looks nice. Perfect for cruising and pimping around in!

My dad had one in that colour last year, got a really light blue one now.
Can't wait until he goes away again so I can have it for a while :D

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Wouldn't own one of those in a million years, but glad you like it!

What's with the carbon offset sticker?

I'm sure Land Rover have some carbon offset ballocks to make them appear 'greener'. I had a look at a leaflet in the showroom the other day, read about two lines then realised I didn't care.

Tunst

ClioSport Club Member
  Focus ST225, Focus E
whats the power output with the TDV8?

Our Discovery is the TDV6 and its i think 197BHP so that much be about 250ish?

Looks a stunning car

It was mentioned on Top Gear last week after JC tested those petrol models - think Hammond said get the TDV8 intead, plus it sounds better!

Aye. To me a diesel will never sound good, but its alright..

Its not great.. 25mpg average, but then I suppose it is 3 tonnes!

whats the power output with the TDV8?

Our Discovery is the TDV6 and its i think 197BHP so that much be about 250ish?

Looks a stunning car

270bhp and 472lbft I think.. I fancy getting it mapped.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I love that!

If my Mrs wasn't 3 foot tall and pants at driving i'd deffinately have one!!

I love that!

If my Mrs wasn't 3 foot tall and pants at driving i'd deffinately have one!!

My plan actually was to look at the RRS then the Q7. But loved the RRS so decided to go for that, never actually looked at the Audi..

Plus her Dad has the Q5 so wouldn't want to out do him ;)

B

Brown.

Jus, This may sound strange but this pic looks like a POV jizz fest

DSC_0803.jpg

RRS is awesome, best colour too.... !!!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
My plan actually was to look at the RRS then the Q7. But loved the RRS so decided to go for that, never actually looked at the Audi..

Plus her Dad has the Q5 so wouldn't want to out do him ;)

Q7 is complete tosh compared to a RRS. We were out in the Q7 last night and I can't even stand sitting in it. I detest the thing!

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Hmmmm. Not a fan being honest. Can't think of a single reason to get one over a normal rangie, the interior just doesn't compare.

Hmmmm. Not a fan being honest. Can't think of a single reason to get one over a normal rangie, the interior just doesn't compare.

It's obviously not going to be to everyones taste.. The Sport looks a lot better IMO, much less farmyard. Interior is much better than what I'm used to aswell so not complaining ;)

The Sport will be much easier to sell on aswell which was part of the reason

Q7 is complete tosh compared to a RRS. We were out in the Q7 last night and I can't even stand sitting in it. I detest the thing!

Really? What's wrong with it? Her dad's Q5 is nice!

Doesn't make me moist either.. But I didn't expect it to.

Maybe it's time for me to be sensible for a couple of years! ;)

PMSL. I'd rather listen to my toilet!

I think your right... For once..

Time for you to buy something decent!

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Really? What's wrong with it? Her dad's Q5 is nice!

Everything! I just can't stand it! The rediculous MPG, the rediculous tyre wear (Needs 2 front tyres every 6k, rear tyres every 9k) the fact the middle row of seats don't slide forward enough to allow enough access to the rear seats...

I'm just not a fan and I can't wait for it to go back in september.

Everything! I just can't stand it! The rediculous MPG, the rediculous tyre wear (Needs 2 front tyres every 6k, rear tyres every 9k) the fact the middle row of seats don't slide forward enough to allow enough access to the rear seats...

I'm just not a fan and I can't wait for it to go back in september.

LOL.

BREMBO

ClioSport Club Member
  V6 Mk1, Golf GTI Mk5
Wow that is very nice, I thought the 20's would be too big but far from it and the side steps finish it off nicely! Nicest RR I have seen :)

but loved that Lambo!