ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Random issue: Fog Lights light on the dash lights dimly when I brake

Ph2 Clio 172
As the title days, I have a random issue.

When I apply the brakes, the little fog light indicator light on the left of the dash lights up. Its not bright, its just a faint orange glow coming from it. If I jab the brakes it flashes, and if I ride the brakes at the right point it stays on, but again, only dimly.

I have checked and the fog lights aren't coming on when I brake, so its something else?

Any ideas?

Cheers

Mk2 Ph2 Clio II 1.6 16v
Nope, just undo the nut in the boot area and gently pull it out, clean both sides just to be sure but your RHD cars will suffer more on that side, in our LHD cars the left one is the culprit, don't ask me why.

walker182

ClioSport Club Member
  clio 182
i have this but cannot solve it tryd all rear light connections too hmmm also fog dash light comes on whilst in reverse gear must be related right ??

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
to fix instantly all you have to do is remove the rear lamp, hold the plug in your hand, open the little flap on the plug, push the pins inward, reconnect, all done.

i had a bad case of interaction when doing an mot on a clio, put hazards on, brake light would start flashing aswel lol

monaco 172
i have this but cannot solve it tryd all rear light connections too hmmm also fog dash light comes on whilst in reverse gear must be related right ??

did you fix this mate?

my fog light dash light comes on when in reverse and sometimes when im just cruising.

Clio 172mk2
mine was fixed by cleaning the rear cluster connections could see where water had corroded 2 connections and shorting it. Had to do it twice since owning the car (5years now)

Ph2 Clio 172
Taking the light cluster out, cleaning the connections on both the wire and the cluster, WD40-ing it and putting it back together worked..... for about 2 weeks.

Its now doing it again, so Im going to try the other things in here like cleaning the earthing points and taking the connectors apart a bit to clean them.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Mine did it to, started last year and always following heavy rain. It stopped doing it when I replaced the number plate light unit which was badly corroded (I cleaned up the rear lights, too thinking it would stop it but it didn't).