ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ran over a hare today

clio 172 ph 2
finally got my 172 on the road this week since buying it as a project a month ago, driving down the road and a huge hate ran straight under the front breaking the underside of the bumper where it goes to ye sub frame and ripping inner right arch out! B*****d

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
Hit a rabbit last night, apart from the massive bang no damage to the car that I can see. Might be different when I wash it, but seems to just have hit the splitter quite hard and the splitters pretty bendy. Poor little rabbit. Ran off into the grass so didn't kill it, I hope!

2005 Clio 182
Hit a Robin the other day doing 90mph, it looked like it had been sucked through a vacuum and plugged the hole on my grill. Its little robin face looking at me accusingly as its guts dripped down my rad. I felt tremendously guilty. Then a few minutes later a squirrel did the matrix through the wheels of a Hilux doing 40. Made it through in one piece.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I hit one in my 200 not long after I got it.

Tried everything to miss it, but still spanked the poor thing.

Spent about 30 mins using the pressure washer at a remote petrol station in the small hours of the morning getting all the blood off the side of my car & bits of bugsy out of my rear diffuser.

loggyboy

ClioSport Club Member
Hare today gone tomorrow.
At least with legged animals they tend to stay on ground n just clout splitters or wheels.
I'd had my new Volvo 2 weeks when a pheasant flew out and caused £1500 quids worth of damage.
C30Pheasant.jpg

BG Clio 182
Last week. Got 2 in one go. 1 hit underneath :/ got some right looks from oncoming cars and pulled up to see this!

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416652718924.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416652718924.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 260
  clio 182 trophy
I hit a fox whilst driving my old mans brand new fiesta back in 2006. He went mental at me shouting it was my fault and i should have seen it!lol. Was doing 40 in a 40 zone and it flew out from the side, with the worst possible timing, in the dark! He also didn't see it!lol.

Hit a rabbit last night, apart from the massive bang no damage to the car that I can see. Might be different when I wash it, but seems to just have hit the splitter quite hard and the splitters pretty bendy. Poor little rabbit. Ran off into the grass so didn't kill it, I hope!

He's probably still laying in a ditch now licking his wounds/broken legs in absolutely agony.

0c2dd15e36e65a0c0d00671cabb93d24.jpg

It was one of those:
"I'm sure a bird flew past my front end?! I didn't see it come out the other side..... I wonder if I hit it?"
Yeah I definitely hit it!

My dad's mate had a robin and a crow sucked into his impreza scoop and splattered all over engine within a week of another. He's had imprezas for 10 years and never had anything in the scoop, then had 2 in a week! [emoji5]

clio 182
I was following (chasing) a brand new CBR 1000 RR at about 120mph (opps) and this pigeon flew across the road and hit the front of the motor bike exploding, it smash the chaps head light, he was covered in blood guts and feathers.... awsum....
a1gregapparitionnarrow_20131112195727308420-300x0.jpg

2003 Clio 172 Sport
I've seen a crow come into contact with the grill of a mondeo at 80mph on the A38. The results were.....interesting. Needless to say the guy needed a new grill

I once saw what I thought was a leaf in the road. On approach I noticed it was a small bird. Then it tried to fly away when it noticed me coming up fast, all happened too quickly. Heard it bashing under the car and when I stopped I had blood all over my rear wheel. No pics though unfortunately.

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
I was following (chasing) a brand new CBR 1000 RR at about 120mph (opps) and this pigeon flew across the road and hit the front of the motor bike exploding, it smash the chaps head light, he was covered in blood guts and feathers.... awsum....
a1gregapparitionnarrow_20131112195727308420-300x0.jpg

Why would you even bother trying to play with a fireblade lol.

this one was caused by a hare at 2am christmas day last year, i wasn't a happy bunny to say the least! all i saw was a tiny hare run out on the road then quite a thud as it snapped my carbon splitter clean into 2 and shattered my front bumper. 2 months and £400 later it was back to normal.

903D94D7-5666-4428-9725-4A0B1ACD2241_zpsmo8de5cd.jpg

clio 182
i must off forgotten I wasn't on my bike... cbr 600 rr..... you cant tell me you haven't raced something you would never keep up with.....