ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ram Air Induction / Hill Power H.Shield

Hey guys,

I bought a Ram Air induction Kit for my 172 at the Extreme show on 15th. They had a deal on them and I got it for £65 instead £86. (Result!!)

It comes with everything you need to fit it, but from what I have read on this forum it makes sense to have a heat shield to get any bhp gain. I contacted Hill power who are happy to supply their own heat shields and silicone tubing seperately. (they use the Ram Air filters in their own induction kits). - and these are supposed to be very good kits. (Hasnt Geoff_172 got one?)

Apparently they are waiting for them to be built/supplied and expect them to be available from mid Jan. I expect these would be useful for more or less any Ind Kit too?

Not sure yet, Nick said he will send me a mail to confirm the price in Jan. Probably about 30-40 quid for both the Silicone tubing and plastic shield

Silver Fabia vRS

Nick mentioned to me that they would be around the £200 for the whole kit and the ECU remap would be on top of this although he said nothing about price. Whether this is correct now as I know he has made a few modifications to the mounting brackets, that mine will have fitted in Jan.

Here is a pic of the induction on mine:

http://www.cliosport.net/temp/Induction.jpg

Yeah, my £30-40 was only a guess!! - If it does the job I will be happy. I didnt realise the shield was like that - I thought it was a plastic half-sphere type thingy.

Just to confirm Geoff, does it have the Ram Air induction kit cone or is it a different type of ram air element?

So whats the difference between the Hill Power induction kit and the Viper then? Anyone with either care to comment?

BMW 320d Sport

A Viper is basically an airbox. An induction kit is open to the engine bay whereas an airbox is designed to be sealed from hot engine bay air and draw air in through a feed pipe coming from somewhere cold.