ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rally Clio Winter Project Thread

I have the same roof rent and I have just replaced after the bonnet had flown up. I have made a mod to it as if its raining you do get wet even with the internal vents are shut. the holes that are in the roof put a rubber trim round to try and stop water running in.
car looks well we have just took delivery of a sadev st 75 14 the other week just to make sure I'll be able to keep up with you and your dad.

Putting a rubber ring round the holes is something we had thought of doing, plus i'm going to have a go at making some kind of bung for when it's raining and not needed. Not the easiest shape to make something for though.

You won't have any trouble beating me, i'm just going to be trundling round looking after the paintwork!

These pics arrived on my phone yesterday; many thanks to Peter

DSC00143.jpg

DSC00144.jpg

DSC00145.jpg

DSC00146.jpg

Now the car is back from the paintshop we had to put back on everything we had taken off before sending it.

Photo046.jpg

Door catches, locks, door seals and trims all went on with no problems. Put in the plastic door windows we've had for a while now into the original rubbers and held them in place at the bottom. The plastic windows look really nice, and the doors are really light too.

Photo047.jpg

The door cards we got from performancetrim went on with self tappers easily enough.

Photo049.jpg

Photo050.jpg

Aerocatches bolted back on and adjusted to fit nicely.

Photo048.jpg

Slotted the bumper foglight trims and lower grill on too; just waiting for an upper grill and new headlights to complete the front end.

Photo052.jpg

Test fitted the 2 new Cobra seats. They are going to need some plates making to get them into the right place on the seat bars.

Photo051.jpg

Photo053.jpg

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Never looked in here and I've missed out...this thread is p**n tbqfh.

I'd love to do something similar to this to my Cup...but have neither the skills, knowledge, space, or time to do it.

Maybe when the mortgage is history I can throw a wedge at someone who'll do it all for me LOL

Great work so far though, and keep the updates coming.

Nawt!!!Off road Quad!
just spend the last hour reading and looking at this thread...
Wish i had a mechanical brain and workshop like you
top guy take my hat off to you!!!!

Cobra seats and Willians harnesses have been fitted; and the rear quarter, tailgate plastics and windscreen have been bonded in now. Also got the new cup spoiler all finally fitted.

Photo054.jpg

Bolted the navigators footrest to the floor, and wired in a foot mounted button for the horn.

Photo056.jpg

Also just infront of the passenger seat the handheld extinguisher was fitted.

Photo059.jpg

Begind the drivers seat is where the plumbed in extinguisher has gone. This just needs plumbing through to the engine bay and the nozzles fitting.

Photo061.jpg

To go with the extinguisher and and battery cutoff there are controls outside to activate them. Just made a bracket to hold the handles in the scuttle.

Photo060.jpg

Photo062.jpg

172 Race Car
Looking amazing, coming together nicely.

Is the co-drivers foot rest custom made or can u get them off the shelf?

Good price that too. looks very well made.

whats next to do then?

Not a massive amount really, no big jobs left. Once the extinguisher is plumbed in it is things like towing eye, mudflaps, sump and tank guard, steering wheel and then just tidying up.

Might need to look at the driveshafts again but then I think it will be logbooking and giving it a shakedown

Finished plumbing in the extingusher, two nozzles in put in the engine bay with the pipes running down the O/S inside the car to the extinguisher behind the drivers seat.

Photo066.jpg

Photo071.jpg

The extinguisher can be activated from the outside or by a pull cord on the inside behind the handbrake.

Photo067.jpg

Photo068.jpg

Photo073.jpg

Also ran the cable through for the external battery cut off switch, going to the master switch on the center console.

Photo072.jpg

Fixed some underbody protection for the fuel tank, cut to shape and bolted and strapped on.

Photo074.jpg

alien green rs133
whats your front box on the exhaust shaped like we had to weld a skid on ours as went you clip a stone it rips box apart, just a thought :D

It's oval I think...

Something I haven't said in this thread was how we modified the Mk1 exhaust to fit a Mk2. Definitely not an easy job.

Have done a few more little jobs; fitted navigators map light, seats properly bolted in, stuff like that.

Also got a package with loads of little bits in...

Photo081.jpg

A little bit of soldering and stuff...

Photo084.jpg

And what do we end up with? A new fuel gauge.

Because putting a 58mm holesaw through the dash did little for the OEM display we had to think of something else.

Couldn't get any thing aftermarket which worked with the original sender and fitting a new sender would have been alot of hassle. This ones works with the original sender unit and can be trimmed for max and min.

Its clipped to the rollcage where it can be seen through the 3/4 windows whilst you are filling it up.

Photo085.jpg

Photo090.jpg

After an initial try with some 1.2 side trims we decided to ditch them and get some new proper ones painted. Looking good now and not really much let to to!

Photo087.jpg

Photo089.jpg

M

mini-valver

Stunning! Where did you source the windows?

What the hell are those wheels though, lol.

Clio 220 lpg
Cars looking really well, bet you can't wait to get back out in it. Have you an event that you are aiming for or just see whats on when ya finnished?
Hope you get some good signage on it looks a bit plain for a rally car at the moment.;)

Clio 220 lpg
Come on Hollister hows your car coming on, must be ready to be hammered round some smooth venue (so that you don't scratch that nice paint) work by now.

First event at the weekend, purely as a shakedown as it has done hardly any miles.

Finished, and with a list of things to look at.

Different brake pads/fluid
Fuel guage needs some work
Few things came loose
Flat shift needs checking

Apart from that it seemed really good and everything will hopefully be sorted for next time we go out.

It got dirty :(

Photo123.jpg