ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Rain X

Broken Diesel Megane :(
Ordered some today. Best way to apply?

Just on/off, or does it need a cure time?

Cheers

'02 1.2l 16v Clio Expres.
I was thinking about this the other day, does this stuff really work? If it does might invest in some! Sorry for hijacking a bit, but saves me creating a new thread!

106 GTi
It works but is a right pain to use.

Been using Duragloss Rain Repel on the front screen as it is as easy to use as a normal glass cleaner sprays, and then just wax the other glass as you would the paintwork.

RB 182
I really like Rain X but I don't seem to have the nack for applying it so I got my brother to do it how seems to do it fine. Might try that Duragloss though Rich, is this the stuff?

106 GTi
Thats the one, use it on the daily drive and it holds up ok, not as durable as the Rain X - but I find that a right arse to apply with no streaks.

106 GTi
How long does it last on average? (Duragloss Rain Repel)

Inwash the daily hack once a month at the most at the most and it lasts ok between. I last applied it in October and got round to re-applying it yesterday as it had stopped beading. Sod washing the rest of it and just cleaned the glass as it was too cold lol!

2.0 Auris
Ive kinda found the best way to apply Rain-X.The way I do it is wash the glass then clean the glass with glass cleaner the ware me enging up and blow in onto the windscreen so its warm and that seems to work well.

the best way ive found to applly rain-x is to clean screen then put a couple of coats of rainx allow to haze and leave it while you polish/wax rest of car then go back with a damp paper towel and wipe over rainx then buff up with a dry paper towel/microfibre ,works a treat seems the longer you leave it the better it works,i tried piaa stuff for rally cars but not as good as rain-x.

Fiat Coupe 20vt
Are the wipers on the site just normal flat blades or anything special?

They are just flat blade. The best blades are the silicone ones. PIAA and XOPC (currently have these on my car) do some and these on their own give a rain X effect without applying any selant. They leave a thin layer of silicone on the windscreen and it works well.

As for products, the Carlack Glass sealant kit we do honestly lasts longer than Rain X. I've had nothing but positive reviews about it and is one of the better selling products.

riz

ClioSport Club Member
  Jaguar XFR
i h8 rainx when you stop using it ur windows are fucked

Dip

04 Clio 16V Dynamique
Well cool, I had it on mine, actually still working. Bought it from Halfrauds for a decent 6.99 with a spray too. Left it on there for about 15-20mins allowing to haze over.

RB 182
Just seen the video of the Carlack from your site Tim and it seems rather impressive, hard to tell but probably performs better than the RainX as well.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Halfords sell their own brand of Rain X . Same stuff but cheaper ;) I've used it for years .

Don't know why so many people have problems with it . If it's applied as per the instructions it works fine .

Cupra 300 ST 4drive
Nothing beats driving down the m/way in heavy rain and your wipers switched off, been using it for 16 years at least

Are the wipers on the site just normal flat blades or anything special?

They are just flat blade. The best blades are the silicone ones. PIAA and XOPC (currently have these on my car) do some and these on their own give a rain X effect without applying any selant. They leave a thin layer of silicone on the windscreen and it works well.

As for products, the Carlack Glass sealant kit we do honestly lasts longer than Rain X. I've had nothing but positive reviews about it and is one of the better selling products.

wish i had known that to compare

ST
Its good if kept topped up..

Tho as gtv said, its wicked driving down the motorway at a decent pace and not having to use your wipers..

had a thought, what happens when your windscreen freezes up and you need to scrape it? surely that will take the rain x coating off no?

Just bought some 3M and carlack from Tim (cleanyourcar) on the back of this thread...

...hope it's better than the AutoGlym glass stuff I've just run out of!

106 GTi
AG Glass Polish is superb at deep cleaning, will be getting the Carlack to use in addition to it though.

I have both the Carlack glass sealant kit and Rain-x and would recommend the Carlack kit when applied correctly works extremely well and good durability.
All sealants need curing time and if removed from the glass to soon it will smear.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
had a thought, what happens when your windscreen freezes up and you need to scrape it? surely that will take the rain x coating off no?

I've found that my windscreen freezes less than the other guys cars at work on the car park . Sometimes , when it's just been applied i haven't needed to scrape my windscreen when they have to scrape theirs :)

2.0 Auris
I dont know why everyone seems to have problems with RainX is been working well for me I really wouldnt drive without it.

I tried the Car Lack stuff today and it's really easy to use... is due to rain this evening so we'll see if it's as good as they make it out to be.

Well, it's raining, heavily in MK and I genuinely could drive without using the wipers the water runs off that quickly. Really quite impressive and will be interesting to see the durability of it.