ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Railworks [PC]

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
This is so, so, SO wrong. Why on earth would you want to have a train simulator on your PC?

Erm, because it's strangely, bizarrely and compellingly addictive...:eek:

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-13-06-64.jpg

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-12-56-45.jpg

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-13-45-31.jpg

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-13-58-79.jpg

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-14-09-44.jpg

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-14-23-10.jpg

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-14-48-93.jpg

Lol!....:cool:

RailWorksProc22010-03-0820-15-12-70.jpg

I never had a train set or anything like it as a kid. It never interested me. I don't know the arse-end of one train from the next and would happily introduce any train-spotter to Mr. Gallon of Unleaded and his close associated, Mr. Zippo.

But this is a bit of a laugh. And I haven't got bored of inducing derailments, yet.

It supports some mad, mad resolutions as well - up beyond 5000x3200 and on multiple monitors.

D.

Golf MK6 GT TDI
i used to play "locomotion" that was quite good. not just trains either, buses, trams, the works!

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at this

Then I looked to see whether you can get DLC to make the trains I commute in on every morning (you can)

Then I felt ashamed :(

Cupra
I might get this. My son loves trains at the minute. I even had to take him to a train museum last weekend. This seems like a much better plan. :D

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I looked at this

Then I looked to see whether you can get DLC to make the trains I commute in on every morning (you can)

Then I felt ashamed :(

Lol! I quite liked the idea of getting a huge, hulking diesel train up and down some American terrain - but then I also noticed you could do the First Trains' Oxford to Reading run. Erm, I don't think so.

D.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Lol! I quite liked the idea of getting a huge, hulking diesel train up and down some American terrain - but then I also noticed you could do the First Trains' Oxford to Reading run. Erm, I don't think so.

D.

Southern Redhill to London Bridge :(

Im glad its not just me whos a weirdo that likes these sim games. The truck ones are also good. Extreme Trucker being my fave as I can pretend to be on Ice Road Truckers.

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
I used to play Railroad Tycoon. Now that was a game and a half.

Now that was EPIC. I had the Deluxe version, myself. :) The trouble is, it was a piece of piss to make money. Build one airport at one side of the map. Build a second airport at the other side of the map and see the £££££ roll in.

Still, it was a great game doing over the computer opposition. :cool:

D.

Blown up 182 & Mondeo TDI
I used to play Railroad Tycoon. Now that was a game and a half.

Transport Tycoon was awesome as well, played it for 100 (game)years and took over every new company there was.

World domination FTMFW!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
what happened to you eh darren LoL!

I know - see below!!!

i just brought this on steam, just downloading it :D

FFS! I've just bought my first DLC for it! SHHHHHHIIIIIIITTTTTT!!!!! - I'm a bloody anorak! No I'm an old man! Worse - I feel like an old man who's also a bloody anorak!!!

Next I'll be checking out timetables for the Manchester Piccadilly to Plymouth train service.... ;)

D.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
I was/am a major flight sim geek

I have joystick and pedals etc :p

Plus I have all of the timetable programs the airlines used installed on my PC :(

alien green rs133
when i was a younger teenager, i hade more than 60% of my bedroom a massive hornby train set. the board is still in the garage and the track is all in the attic, when i have my own place, one room for train track :D

Oh dear. I noticed you were playing it last night on steam Darren (before they took it offline for maintenance :(). Was going to send you a message but thought i'd leave you to it ;)

C-VXR. Once owned a Clio
lol Love these guilty pleasure games.

I rate you for being brave enough to admit you play this!

A shiny black one.
I used to love playing rail sim games, Now I get to play with the real thing and get paid for it!

Octy VRS
WTF? If that was content for COD there'd be a civil war. I'd want at least a replica Canadian National SD40-2 Wide Nose for that money.

I think I can beat that, I enquired about a game I spotted in GAME a while back on a gaming forum, the editor sent me a copy for amusement value (oddly he had no intention of reviewing it)

It's weirdly therapeutic, but by far the best bit is the manoeuvring when you reach the depots etc, bit like the mini games you used to get on the Sega Arcade game (18 Wheeler?)

UK Truck Simulator

zoom_9.jpg

zoom_7.jpg

zoom_1.jpg

They also do (and I'm not kidding), Bus Simulator, Digger Simulator, Forklift Truck Simulator, Tow Truck Simulator, Farm Simulator and Crane Simulator.

Clio 172 PH2 Flamer
AWESOME, erm i mean, I was never addicted to A-Train on the amiga :( - Im a proper man, only play war games...grrrrrr

(will be getting this tonight)

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
Well, those sad enough (i.e me) to have bought this via Steam have been given a free upgrade to Railworks 2. They've overhauled the interface to make it MUCH more easier to pickup and play. Even I did well, aside from scoring a -250 for setting off while passengers were still boarding - lol.

D.

Scirocco 2.0 tsi
Epic games like Fallout New Vegas have just arrived, we have a new COD in 2 weeks and your rabbiting on about train simulation games?!

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Oh yay a new COD!

Why don't you just play COD4. They haven't changed since then. Not for the better, anyway.

Fiesta ST-3
Do you get to be the driver / chief train man of the Hogwarts express? If not this is full of fail.