ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Radios keep breaking

172 Ph2
So 12 months after replacing my previous aftermarket head unit, the replacement unit is doing the same thing - draining the battery.

Works fine, but its drawing about 1.2amp when car is off.

Am i just unlucky with these head units?

Anyone got a spare bluetooth one they want to sell? :)

172 Ph2
No, as i kept checking and paranoid it was going to do it again..

Then the other day my battery died completely. I assumed it was the cold snap killing off an old battery, but after some checks found the stereo was at it again.
When unplugged there is barely any drain.

172 Ph2
No i didnt. the problem only occurs with the radio plugged in, so id have thought that is fault. As opposed to a plug or wire shorting out.

Do you think its worth a try?

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
No i didnt. the problem only occurs with the radio plugged in, so id have thought that is fault. As opposed to a plug or wire shorting out.

Do you think its worth a try?
Strange it didn't always persist but maybe worth trying a new loom from radio to oem radio wiring.

172 Ph2
I have the oem in the loft, will try that.

The first unit was Pioneer and this one is JVC. I imagine they are all made in the same place anyway..

172 Ph2
Had another look today, as i think the cold weather may have killed the battery.
Its drawing 0.15 amps with the radio plugged in.

That doesn't sound excessive, but not ideal from what i can tell. What do you think?

172 Ph2
Well i ended up getting another stereo, and its dropped to 0.04 amps..
I wonder how long this one will last.

172 Ph2
Same loom from the car, but im direct into the iso plugs. So removed the 2 into 1 converter lead i used before.