ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racing Stripes....YES or NO??

Racing stripes

• yes

Votes: 610 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 746 55.0%

• Total voters
  ibiza cupra
i think if they are on there as standard then leave them be if not then they shouldnt have been put there in the first place

02' PH1 172
I say keep them.. its nice to have something diff

IMG_2629.jpg

IMG_2610.jpg

took them off, but might stick them back on. thats the nice thing
bout vynil.
so give it a try :)

Iridium

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Former R27 & Mk1 V6 owner
Voted yes, as long as they're the original ones in the right places, and of course only on an RB.

People that take them off are the kind people that have a party and pass everyone their coats at 11pm - after spending all night putting people glasses on coasters and saying things like "Could we all just keep it down a bit" - having zero fun themselves. Maybe, or I could be talking b****cks and the stripes could be crap. I still voted yes :)

Clio 182
Personally I prefer my racing blue without stripes but I wouldn't bother removing them if you've bought one with them on, like others have said, its part of the heritage! Would be a shame to lose one of them because of what 'other people think'.
I don't think it matters which cliosport you have, there are always some people that think they're chavvy. Idiots.

Clio on SL 2118s
used to love them but no not for me anymore.
although black ones would look good on an ly, with black wheels!!
yum.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
FPMSL!! I just voted then realised the thread was started two years ago!

Renaultsport 197
Ithink they combine with the blue perfectly! I would keep them! You would only regret it afterwards.. haha

Willy + Modus DCi
how the hell is the no side of this arument winning!?!? stripes ftw on cliosports everytime!! especially if its racing blue! case closed

ff 182
personally i wouldnt ave em but as theyre already on it i would leave them on as like you say the paint work may vary abit.

1 of 19 Recaro'd 182 Cups
Go with the majority and get rid. They dont go with the anthracite wheels and make you look like a Fiesta/Focus ST chav. 99% of people don't realise it's part of renaults heritage and think that the driver thinks they make the car go faster.:quiet:

clio 182
i think u should keep the stripes i think they look great after christmas am gettin them put on mine i have the same colour aswell very nice

Clio 182 Cup
Who cares what the uneducated think?

Wouldn't dream of taking them off, Renault thought it was fitting to pay homage... staying.

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
I like them, not in your face either, goes with the car. I would leave them on, but I would definatley take them off if they looked like the ones below

dsc00217fp2.jpg

clio 172 sport ph2
i personally don't like them and think they look cheap, if they went from the bottom of the bumper at the front and just carried right over without stopping (obviously when it reached windows) till it reached the bottom of the rear bumper and they were a little closer together then yeah they would look awesome!

............... so no lol

clio 172 sport ph2
I like them, not in your face either, goes with the car. I would leave them on, but I would definatley take them off if they looked like the ones below

dsc00217fp2.jpg

haha i think the fact that his name is on his sunstrip is pretty lame, the stripes is the last of his problems lol

Never above 25mpg
YES! Racing Blue 182s look naked without them!

Any other car, bar the Ford STs look wrong.. (unless they're an OEM product ;) )