ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Racing Stripes....YES or NO??

Racing stripes

• yes

Votes: 610 45.0%
  • no

Votes: 746 55.0%

• Total voters
  Ph1.2 / VW Polo
im toying with the idea of getting some ghost stripes on mine.
in the same colour just a shade darker.

or is it a big no no on non RS's? :p

Audi A6 Avant S-Line
haha i think the fact that his name is on his sunstrip is pretty lame, the stripes is the last of his problems lol

He recently sold this & the lad who bought it tinted the windows blue into silver then crashed into a barrier & wrote it off

Clio 197 08
IS the OP still deciding on this because this thread was started nearly three years ago!! Lol! And for what its worth i say keep them! Think they look good on the RB!

1.4 phase 1
keep them on, if people are willing to damage it just becuase it has strips they would most properly be willing to do it just becuase its the racing blue clio. (very jealous also i would love that colour or liquid yellow)

Clio Sport 182
I like them on that colour, but wouldn't want them on mine...

If people have an eye for cars they will know what it is without the racing stripes :D

Peddled device
I'm 38 and have the 182 Cup in RB WITH the stripes.Now at first l loved them...but l saw an RB 182 on the M-way last week without them and have to say it did look classier than mine.I have the 182 FF seats in my Cup so its hard to tell them apart....but the bottom line is am l too old to have a car with stripes?

I used to have side stripes on my Sunburst Red XR3i 18 years ago.....is it time to move on?

Mental 172 Cup
Pic119.jpg

Pic112.jpg

11042008483.jpg

used to love these on my old car! a bit marmite though tbh!! but they worked well and broke up the black well! :)

Cayman S Edition 1
Tell you what mate, I think that looks really nice. Never seen it done like that before.

Mental 172 Cup
thnks mate it was one of the first mods that were done on that car! and i gotta admit at first i was a bit meh! but after i started doing more and more mods and the removing the lettering from the sunstrip i began to really fall in love with the stripes! wouldnt of worked in any other colour tbqh! :)

Clio 182
I keep thinkin bout gettin them put on my rb 182, but then I think once there on there i'd want to remove them, then put em back on once i'd done that, lol it's a vicious stripe circle :S

RB 197
White on RB looks awesome! Pfftt.

But i'm always up in the air about to stripe or not to stripe. The thing is with them that if your into RS's, you'll know the RB is known to have them, but if your a commoner of society you'll just see the car as 'chavvy'

It's a tough one.

not a bloody clio!!!
Took some advice from this forum and im going to remove them :)

Does anyone no a safe way of taking them of with out recking my paint or leaving sticky stuff all over my car?