ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing blue

Hi all, thanks to everyone for their wisdom and advice. The final offer from the insurance was £2,440. I have dismissed the offer and taken it to the ombudsman. Hopefully justice will be done and nearer to £3,500 will prevail. I'm posting the only two pictures I have, as a mark of respect and to show how beautiful she was

Attachments

• IMG_20160619_104241.jpg
    IMG_20160619_104241.jpg
    365.4 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_20160619_104253.jpg
    IMG_20160619_104253.jpg
    326.4 KB · Views: 77

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Those alloys aren't a totally standard colour ;) Looked very clean though. You going to get the car back?

They were powder coated by DTM..supposed to be anthracite, they are the originals is all I can say. Still not sure if I will get it back. I have asked insurance if they plan to charge me for storage while the ombudsman sort it out. They haven't replied yet. No doubt some grease monkey at their storage depot was planning to buy it, we will see what they say. :cool:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Just get it back for the principle more than anything. It'll easily sell if you don't want to fix it. Best of luck with everything.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Until you accept payment its still your car. I imagine they will charge you storage now you've refused their final offer. As for buying it back I would think that they are not obliged to sell it to you. Once you accept an offer from them is their car and as this has already become a dispute I wouldn't hold much hope of you seeing it again. I'll let you know if I see it in Sheffield though!

Just as another footnote. The V5 turned up, the postal date was the 20th Jan, I have a paper trail saying they posted it on the 3rd Jan. Total morons.

If anyone does find a similar car for sale then please point me in the right direction as I'm using them as evidence. So far I have one from motorcraft for £4,200. And I have an email from the company who sold a one which just said price on asking. They were happy to say they would have sold mine for £3,500. They have to be trade sellers, the mileage can be anything from 65k, and can be lower spec eg not full fat. Thanks in advance

200,182 Trophy, Cup
They won't offer you dealer retail on it so there's little point sending them pics of trade cars. It could be worse it could be a Trophy, insurers list those as a 182 Sport too, some real horror stories of owners getting now where near what they are selling for

They won't offer you dealer retail on it so there's little point sending them pics of trade cars. It could be worse it could be a Trophy, insurers list those as a 182 Sport too, some real horror stories of owners getting now where near what they are selling for
Well I hope they also went to the ombudsman. They wouldn't accept private ads, only trade. As you say a total waste of my time.

200,182 Trophy, Cup
Strange. My mate had similar issues with a car and they said they wouldn't accept trade cars as the prices had such things as prep charges, warranty etc included in the price

I guess the reality is I have followed everything the insurance company has asked me too. I always wanted a standard car which is what it was. They wanted trade prices, that is what I gave them. I'm very encouraged by what the ombudsman has discussed with me so far. I can't go into too much detail, but the ombudsman already think the insurance company have been a bit liberal with their tactics. I think I will definitely win this case. I asked the guy who has been assigned to deal with my case at the insurance company if I would be charged for storage while this continues. That was 3 days ago, and still no reply, unacceptable. I will keep updating, and as I said to the ombudsman its not about money its about being treated fairly and individually. If I can set a precedent to change the way these companies work for the benefit of others, as well as myself I will be a happy man. Watch this space

its funny Ashton's as the insurance sent me their blurb with their final offer. Said I should complain to the legal ombudsman if I wasn't happy. I did this and they advised me to go to the financial ombudsman. I then did that. I'm currently going through the financial one, but the legal ombudsman have also said if the financial ombudsman don't sort it out then come back to the legal one. They have said that the insurance company emails have intimated that the legal ombudsman uses glass valuations to make their decisions. The legal ombudsman said this is misleading, and would like to discuss this with the insurance company. I have both legal and financial fighting my corner, hopefully

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
You are doing the right thing by complaining to the ombudsman. They haven't justified the offers made to you with any evidence so far as I can tell.

Regarding buying the car back - they are under NO obligation to sell it back to you. Once they've settled with you they own the car, it's up to them to decide what to do with it.

I wrote my car off last year (link below my avatar) thankfully they offered a very fair amount (only £245 less than I paid for the car 18 months and 25k miles ago!). However, to buy it back (which I did) I had to bid on it at an auction and it cost me £800ish (33% of the amount they paid me)

I had a good chat with the guy that valued my car, he said it was one of the most difficult cars he'd ever had to value. At the time there were only 4 or 5 Of the same cars for sale, all on higher mileage, automatic and with substantially less history. They offered me more than the prices of the cars for sale at that time. Clearly some insurance companies are better than others!

You are doing the right thing by complaining to the ombudsman. They haven't justified the offers made to you with any evidence so far as I can tell.

Regarding buying the car back - they are under NO obligation to sell it back to you. Once they've settled with you they own the car, it's up to them to decide what to do with it.

I wrote my car off last year (link below my avatar) thankfully they offered a very fair amount (only £245 less than I paid for the car 18 months and 25k miles ago!). However, to buy it back (which I did) I had to bid on it at an auction and it cost me £800ish (33% of the amount they paid me)

I had a good chat with the guy that valued my car, he said it was one of the most difficult cars he'd ever had to value. At the time there were only 4 or 5 Of the same cars for sale, all on higher mileage, automatic and with substantially less history. They offered me more than the prices of the cars for sale at that time. Clearly some insurance companies are better than others!
It would have been nice to speak to guy who valued mine, but I wasn't allowed, just told to go through their call centre. They have simply offered the value between glass and cap, and they were never going to do anything else.

Hi all,
Just a quick update. The ombudsman have come back to me and have rejected my claim. They agree with the glass valuation. I'm no expert but they say that glass take into account the racing blue colour, even though the screenshot they sent me simply says blue, so I'm assuming it could be arctic blue?. If anyone can pick holes in the glass valuation process then please let me know as I can still fight this decision.
Thanks,
Tony