ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Racing a Clio turbo

Clio 172
I'm just weighing up my options of racing my car either turboed or go the n/a route (which I really don't like the idea of). My main question is, have many people raced 172 turbos and how did you get on with reliability because I don't want too be breaking it every time I use it! but 165hp is painful. Any help would be appreciated

Clio 172
I race in the Quaife motorsport news saloon car championship and currently I'm in class e but by going the turbo route itl put me in class c. The fastest cars In classes e/c have very similar lap times so obviously it is more of a gain too go down the turbo route and enter class c,I'm just a bit worried about reliability

big boost cup
A well built specced engine will be fine chip has done loads of track days in his. No doubt he shall arrive with the video lol

Clio 172
Ok basically just needed some confidence that other people had done it. I don't want mental power but I just can't see the logic in spending over 3k for 200hp na when I can go the turbo route spend a little bit more and have 250+

Cub.

ClioSport Moderator
The only person I know who is planning racing competitively in a turbo'd clio is BIGASH. He currently runs an N/A racer along with a few others on here.

I don't know anyone who has actually raced one yet though.

Clio 172
Yeah that's the idea decent rods pistons with an oil cooler and then the conversion should be good for that figure. Going the naturally aspirated route I'd have too buy a Honda too be competitive